Passed 640-801 with a 914

chalaakchalaak Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey people....

Passed me 801 exam today, and i just want to thank everyone for watever useful tips, suggestions, advice they had..worked for me....the key is basically NOT to loose your head, and if u know ur stuff thoroughly then one shud not have a problem. Here is a list of a few stuff tha popped up in me exam..

- DDR
- 4 simulator questions (had to implement an access-list in one of em)
-ospf/eigrp configuration
-switchport
-osi (guess that shows up everywhere)
-ip subnetting (alot of em)
-and ur basic knowledge about the general stuff

I must admit the new stuff, i really thought i blew it..coz i had prepared for the 640-607 to find out that the exam had changed and just roughly went over the new stuff. Bottom line is i passed..which i am really happy about...wats next?

thanx alot
cheers!!

Comments

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! Sounds like you got a hard selection... 4 sims...

Next could be MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNP, CWNA, or COMPTIA certs... (except net+)
  • wallerkrwallerkr Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! I am finalizing my studies of the new stuff and scheduling my test today for sometime next week (I hope). I had been testing in the mid-900s on my Transcender and fortunately found an 901 sample test on the web to try out.
  • wallerkrwallerkr Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    correction - 801 icon_redface.gif
  • haltokhaltok Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:

why not net+?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    haltok wrote:
    Webmaster wrote:

why not net+?

Because it won't add anything significant if you already are a CCNA. There is just to much overlap, plus it would be a step down...

Check out his topic for a discussion about this:
    www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2220