Exam beckons!

PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
got my 291 next tuesday and 290 the day after icon_lol.gif

I am more than ready for 291 so I expect to pass, but 290.....ohh my im gonna lose sleep this week studying.
DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Don't stress over it too much, you will do fine!

It's interesting, the general consensus is that the 291 is the more difficult exam. The 290 has more overlap with the 270 exam.

Well, good luck on both exams!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on both exams!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck pash!!!

Hopefully your lack of sleep this week will be rewarded by lack of sleep next week due to celebratory reasons drunken_smilie.gificon_wink.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Pash wrote:
    I am more than ready for 291 so I expect to pass, but 290.....ohh my im gonna lose sleep this week studying.

You may have that backwards ;) As Megadeth mentioned, generally people think 291 is harder!

Good luck! Be sure to post how it goes.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. Our customer is really piling pressure on for more of us to have MS certifications, its actually part of their policy to have staff only qualified in the areas required for their level of support. Im already qualified to the desktop level (270) but to touch the servers I have to pass next week............it really is very fickled indeed.

Ahh well I can only do what I can do, ive studied as hard as I can...but not as much as id like.

Ill post the scores when i done.

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Pash. From the quality of your posts on this site I'd say you are going to do fine.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Well I passed the beast this afternoon, scored a 740. Not an amazing score, but I know what areas im weak in...so ill whack them out in a lab or something.

Ill relax tonight, do some light revision for 290 tommorow and see what happens.

Thanks all,
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • PCdudePTPCdudePT Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Pash,

Congratulations for passing this one and best luck for 290.

Can you just tell us how much time did you spent making your 291 exam?
    I'm curious, because I'm having my 291 tomorrow.

Regards.
    PCdudePT
    Sintra, Portugal

MCP - 70-270 (968/1000)
    MCP - 70-290 (885/1000)
    MCSE NT4.0 (7 years ago)
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pash wrote:
    Well I passed the beast this afternoon, scored a 740. Not an amazing score, but I know what areas im weak in...so ill whack them out in a lab or something.

Ill relax tonight, do some light revision for 290 tommorow and see what happens.

Thanks all,

congrats on 291, the beast it out of the way!!! icon_thumright.gif

good luck on 290 tomorrow
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    PCdudePT wrote:
    Hi Pash,

Congratulations for passing this one and best luck for 290.

Can you just tell us how much time did you spent making your 291 exam?
    I'm curious, because I'm having my 291 tomorrow.

Regards.

Ive been revising for about a month and a half, skimming old notes from bootcamps i did a while back and practicing on my own server lab. Im getting more server exposure now from work, so im thankful for that.

Goodluck in your exam, let us know how you did.

Cheers,
  • PCdudePTPCdudePT Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I scored 880 on 70-291 exam today.
    Not so complicated as I thought when I saw some guys calling it "the beast".
    Now I'm MCSA.

Regards to all.
    PCdudePT
    Sintra, Portugal

MCP - 70-270 (968/1000)
    MCP - 70-290 (885/1000)
    MCSE NT4.0 (7 years ago)
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats to all who posted and passed the 291 :)

Good luck Pash on the 290 - let us know how it went with going back-to-back with 291 :)
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    JdotQ wrote:
    Congrats to all who posted and passed the 291 :)

Good luck Pash on the 290 - let us know how it went with going back-to-back with 291 :)

It went terrible, im gonna request more time to study for this one, and im gonna press to get the CBT nuggets for it as well.....if people reccommend them.

Well done PCdude, thats a good score.