Options

AT &T in New Jersey

cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
Hey,

I've been recieving calls from recruiters for AT &T in New Jersey. They have really thick accents, and wanted my social secuirty #. I maybe jumping to conclusions, but becareful you never know.

Comments

• Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I would never give out any info to someone over the phone like that.

Have them mail you an application and check to ensure it all matches up with AT&T's info.

Better yet call their HR department and ask to speak to whoever it was calling you.

If they work there then you know its legit and if they dont AT&T would probably like to know.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    To want your social security number... that's the red flag. Why would they possibly need that??? I can't think of a legitimate reason.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    sounds like someone is phishing!!!!!

maybe worth calling the FBI.
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • Options
    blazepblazep Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the SAME CALL. They were asking for my SS# a couple months ago. They got my resume off of monster. It was a thick indican accent. I told him I did not want to give out my Social Security and if it cost my chances of the job then I didnt care.

I still have the email address. If you find out anything more let me know.
  • Options
    blazepblazep Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They are contract positions (im not sure if they are real), ive been getting alot of these calls but I just dont feel comfortable giving this out and i never will. Mine came as

Locations: TAMPA, FL

Duration: 19 Months Contract

Provide support to customers requiring technical assistance for Logical and Physical connectivity problems on AT&T Managed Data Network Services & AT&T VPN Tunneling Service. Services include MDNS, AVTS and SNA. Must be self-motivated and able to solve complex technical problems and interface with customers to identify, analyze, and solve connectivity problems using internal tools. Perform advance level troubleshooting, diagnostic and repair for hardware and software issues on LAN and WAN related services. Devices include but not limited to switches, routers, gateways. Monitor and track reports on LAN/WAN events. Interact with internal and external vendors in scheduling and coordinating dispatches and resolution. Responsible for accurate documentation of customer interaction and the proper engaging of internal and external support teams as necessary. Focus is on 100% customer satisfaction. Job Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and offshift hours. Good Team communications is imperative and must have the ability to solve problems under pressure. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to multitask and experience in supporting large customer environments (In a HD/Support Arena) is a prerequisite. Knowledge of telecommunication fundamentals and skilled in testing DS0, DS1, DS3, SONET, CSU/DSUs and Frame Relay are necessary. Solid understanding of network protocols, routers, switches, TCP/IP. WAN experience along knowledge of Cisco Routers, IPSEC VPNs, Frame Relay and ISDN are integral. Prior AT&T Experience Desired but not required.

Ravinder
    Integration International Inc.
    1, Gate hall Drive, Suite 305
    Parsippany, NJ -07054
    Tell: 908-737-7433
    Fax: 888-544-0202
    Email: ravinder.bolluru@i3intl.com
    Visit us: www.i3intl.com

Contact him if your interested...
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    i'd probably hold off on giving my social out over the phone.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685