Options

Failed CCNA with 83.4

azmtbkr81azmtbkr81 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know of decent software that would help me with simulation questions? I've completed lots of lab excersices and I work on routers every day but I think I could really use practice with the exam format simulations.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that man. Your close and will probably get it next time. Best of luck to you!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that - 834 is close, though

Was it Intro 640-821 or the composite 640-801 exam?

I read one place the passing score for Intro was 825 and another that its 849. I know the composite exam is 849, though.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, it was the 640-801, the composite exam, so yeah I missed it by 1.5 points icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For Intro also 849? I've read 825, 849, and 867 and I don't know which is correct.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you failed the exam icon_sad.gif

Have you checked out Cisco's CCNA Prep Center? I personally found it to be an excellent resource. After browsing through everything they have, you should be very comfortable with the exam format.

As for simulation software, I used Boson's NetSim, which includes a good number of practice sims. Other may disagree, but I thought it prepared me quite well for the exam.

Best of luck on your next attempt.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    azmtbkr81 wrote:
    Thanks guys, it was the 640-801, the composite exam, so yeah I missed it by 1.5 points icon_sad.gif

Do you mean you got a 834? Never heard of a 83.4...

Either way... Dont sweat it. You are SUPER close... next time. Next time!
  • Options
    Yeah, I meant 834 icon_lol.gif I don't think it is possible but man I'd be embarrased if had scored an 83.4!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    its not possible to get 83.4, you get 300 points just for putting your name in at the begining of the exam, you don't even have to spell it correctly!

Anyway, thats unlucky dude, can you paste your score percentages and explain your weak areas, maybe we can help out.

For the Router software emulation, hhhhhmmmm. Working on the real stuff should be suffice, just remember your core commands and show/debug commands, some will work, some won't. The exam IOS is actually quite limited as we have been told before, so it only requires you use the correct commands according the the simulation you are working on. Just keep it simple and set yourself some lab scenarios, ie. this switch here hasnt had it's IP documented but the telent username and password is blah blah, find a way to connect to the switch and check connectivity between Host A and B etc etc

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
    I use the Boson Netsim for CCNA. I find that it has its uses but is quite limited with the commands it supports... especially with OSPF. Worth having though mate.
    Matt of England
  • Options
    wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    See what the weak points are on the overall test ending they gave you, then study like crazy on the lowest one/two. Review is the key.

Being that close, a simple refresh should put you over the top, and onto the CCNA cert.

Good luck on round 2!
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • Options
    I appreciate the encouragement, I think I'll take the weekend off and drown my sorrows a little bit then hit the books hard early next week and go back in there like a samurai and finish it off next Friday.

I'm new to the board and I know I'm not supposed to get into specifics about the exam but is it acceptable to talk about the general subject areas I struggled with in order to get some advice?

My scoresheet is at home so I'll post my breakdown tonight.
  • Options
    Mr IP PacketMr IP Packet Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Cisco Press CCNA Books bring a test engine in the CD, I passed the exam on my first try and I seriously couldn't do it without it. It brings a LOT of trick questions that put your knowledge to the test and makes you bulletproof for the actual test.

Hope this helps :D
    (\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • Options
    Noe84Noe84 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I feel your pain but you have to pick yourself up and try again. If you have the money go for it after 5 days so you don't forget anything. Using those 5 days to restudy on your weak spot.

I score a 847 on the second attempt icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif. Unforuntately I took 2 months off to get Net+ and A+ certified so I have now begin restudying over again for my CCNA.
    On to MCSA 2003.