Options

PASSED!!!!!!

shabbsshabbs Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed Network+ with a 762. I thought i would do better but i choked a little bit. I'm glad that's done. Now comes A+ and MCSE. The TechNotes are really excellent and I highly recommend them. I studied my ass off for 3 weeks with elemement k and the technotes and it really payed off. I am going from the automotive industry to IT at the age of 39. No more being an under paid grease monkey for me. This is a great site!

Comments

• Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Hi.

Good to know you passed and Congratulations!
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D Good luck with your A+ and MCSE.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool. Welcome to the site, and a big congratulations on the passing score. Good luck on the A+, the MCSE, and any other certs you're planning on taking.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    KejanardKejanard Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Well done and keep it up.
    Kejanard
    www.kejanard.net

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." -Aristotle
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

Good luck with the career change!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    denko777denko777 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's the right way to go. Congrats !!! icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gifangel.gif
  • Options
    shabbsshabbs Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
    I have friends who made the switch 10 years ago and they make big bucks. I actually love I.T. and I am extremely exited to begin my new life. I expect to start off at around 40K but i have such a strong drive that i will always be looking for new challenges to push me and gain work experience. Through life experiences(some really bad ones) I have learned to always have your next move planned and never get too comfortable. By the way, one of my long time friends (over 30 years) heard the the news and and called me today to let me know if I ever move back to NY, he can get me 50k to start at his company. He said he does the hiring and firing and would make it happen. I will consider this a fall back position since i really have no desire to move back to NY. I got my A+ books today but thought i would take the weekend off from studying to decompress and start fresh on Monday.Just the thought of working in a clean air conditioned environment and being able to dress nice and getting paid to use my brain makes me giggle every time i think about.
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    shabbs wrote:
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
    I have friends who made the switch 10 years ago and they make big bucks. I actually love I.T. and I am extremely exited to begin my new life. I expect to start off at around 40K but i have such a strong drive that i will always be looking for new challenges to push me and gain work experience. Through life experiences(some really bad ones) I have learned to always have your next move planned and never get too comfortable. By the way, one of my long time friends (over 30 years) heard the the news and and called me today to let me know if I ever move back to NY, he can get me 50k to start at his company. He said he does the hiring and firing and would make it happen. I will consider this a fall back position since i really have no desire to move back to NY. I got my A+ books today but thought i would take the weekend off from studying to decompress and start fresh on Monday.Just the thought of working in a clean air conditioned environment and being able to dress nice and getting paid to use my brain makes me giggle every time i think about.

IT is one place you can make a decent living. I use to work in FT Myers Florida and the IT industry sucked back in 1999-2001 time frame in that area but once I moved to Philadelphia there were alot more sectors looking for IT people.
    I hope the IT is good where you are and don't worry. The more certs you have the more they want you!
    Congrats on passing the network plus.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    pryormba21pryormba21 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the test this past Friday July 13th. The Technotes really came in handy. I had a lot of questions on Authentication, Friewalls, Proxy Servers and Utilities. Looking forward to the next Cert.
    Tier1Tech
  • Options
    justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops