Options

Work Experiance with Study

samadsamad Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have been working in the security industry as Security Analyst for the last 3 years, also I have a four years University Degree in Computes & Information Technology. The problem is that I have graduated in January 2007 and I have been working along with my studies in the university. So, does my experience count? I mean I have been working for 3 years along with my studies and I have a four years college degree that makes four years of experience ... so am I eligible for CISSP ...?

Comments

• Options
    IonCannonIonCannon Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you are REALLY REALLY close and may be able to sit without a problem. If I were you I would try to sit for Security+, that way you will get a year waived plus it is great for prepping, almost like a pre-season for the CISSP. ;)
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    samad wrote:
    Hi,

I have been working in the security industry as Security Analyst for the last 3 years, also I have a four years University Degree in Computes & Information Technology. The problem is that I have graduated in January 2007 and I have been working along with my studies in the university. So, does my experience count? I mean I have been working for 3 years along with my studies and I have a four years college degree that makes four years of experience ... so am I eligible for CISSP ...?

Just make sure that your security experience is "direct full-time security professional work experience", for example, if you were in school 8 hours a day and worked for 2 hours, then that probably wouldn't be considered direct full-time experience. It's tough to count your time in school as professional work experience unless you actually do work full time and still go to school. But based on what you've stated you should be right at the requirement.

When did you get the work experience? During college, before college, or after college?