Options

EIGRP and IGRP Route Redistribution.

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
Here is something I found interesting. I will ask a question and see if anyone knows the answer. This question is for CCNA'ers only. You CCNP heavy hitters don't count.

OKay say you have a router RouterA and imagine you have a diagram where there are routers to the right of RouterA off of it's serial 0/0 port and routers to the left of ROuterA off its serial 0/1 port.
And lets say that all routers off the serial 0/0 port are EIGRP routers and all routers off of serial 0/1 are IGRP routers.

Serial0/0 IP - 192.168.1.1 /24

serial 0/1 ip - 199.68.69.1 /24

YOu have issued the commands on the router:

router igrp 1
network 199.68.69.0

router eigrp 1
network 192.168.1.0

What needs to be added to make the EIGRP routers exchange routes between the left and right?

A. Nothing is needed to redestribute routes from left and right.
B Add "network 199.68.69.1" to the eigrp config
C Add network 192.168.1.0 to the igrp config
D Configure route redistribution using the "distribute" command.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok, I'll seemingly take the first crack at it...I'm just now into the routing protocols...

I'd lean towards D, but I was thinking you'd have to use the "redistribute" command and not the "distribute"...unless you're distributing a filtered list...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    darkchronosdarkchronos Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe the answer is A. The router will automatically redistribute routes.
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    r_durant wrote:
    Ok, I'll seemingly take the first crack at it...I'm just now into the routing protocols...

I'd lean towards D, but I was thinking you'd have to use the "redistribute" command and not the "distribute"...unless you're distributing a filtered list...

However, after looking back icon_redface.gif , i'll go with A...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    don;t worry, I thought it was D too. But it is A because EIGRP and IGRP needs no distribution or redistribution commands. As long as the AS # is the same, they will automatically redistribute the routes. I think there is one little paragraph on one page of the ICND book that states this. Very very easy to miss so thats why I thought I would paraphrase a question for yall. Was that better Mike? icon_wink.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!