Options

801 exam practice

mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
Was just after a bit of advice. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a source of a CCNA 801 final exam simulation with questions (and simulations if possible) that are very close to the calibre of the real thing. I've got the Cisco Academy Companion Guides for semesters 1&2 and 3&4 with the accompanying practice exams. I've also got the Cisco flash cards book and accompanying practice exam engine and simulations and also the fast pass todde lammel book and exam engine. I keep reading here and there that none of the above exam engines and the simulations within them really give you a true impression of the calibre of questions and simulations you'll be presented with taking the real thing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Matt :)
Matt of England

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The only thing I found to be even remotely like the exam was the free tests at the Cisco Prep Center.

The CCNA is less about memorizing questions and question formats and more about understanding the concepts so that the question format doesn't matter. that's the approach I'd take if I were you.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Cheers Paul. Much appreciated. Just signed up to the Prep Center and taken their ICND practice exam! Absolutely solid it was. I got 79% but I must say that I thought so of the questions were proper dodgy. There were more than one correct answer for more than a few of them...

take this question for example...

Frame Relay provides a means for statistically multiplexing many logical data conversations over a single physical transmission link by assigning connection identifiers to each pair of DTE. What is it called?

1. table mapping
    2. virtual circuits
    3. switched circuits
    4. data-link connection identifiers (DLCIs)

What answer would you guys go for on this one?
    Matt of England
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    definately 2.

The challenge is knowing what a DTE is. Since it's an end user device (router, pc, server), a connection between DTE's is the entire virtual circuit, not something 'end' specific like a DLCI.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    Yeah 2! I went for 4. I'd never have got that... no matter how much revision I do. The CCNA is as much understanding Cisco's wording of questions as it is knowing the cirriculum and commands! :) Nightmare lol!
    Matt of England
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You got that right! That is a really stupid question. I'm sure everyone knows what a DLCI is and everyone knows what a VC is. So why create a question that could go either way. That isn't testing anyone's ability to implement the technology.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Netstudent, I couldn't agree with you more!!! My Cisco Academy tutor used to say the exact same thing... attaining the CCNA is as much trying to work your way through Cisco's trick questions as it is displaying a good technical understanding of physical and logical networking. :) But having said that... everyone attaining the CCNA has to deal with it so I guess we do too! icon_eek.gif
    Matt of England
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very true! By the way, I have found the test engine in Cisco press' ICND book to be pretty dang hard and extremely tricky. From what I have seen, that is probably the closest style of questions to the CCNA. But I haven't taken it yet so a lot is still a mystery.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    I actually knew the answer was 2 (because I took that test before), but my initial belief upon taking that test was 4. The "assigning connection identifiers" almost convinces you of nothing other than "4. data-link connection identifiers (DLCIs). " I actually think they spelled DLCI out just to fool you in that regard!
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the Cisco Test Prep center Intro test from this link (available to public)-

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/viewsflash?cmd=page&pollid=PrepCenter_Quizzes!INTROv3

I got 68 of 86 questions correct (79.1%). I do much better on Transcenders - 90%.

I'm scheduled to take the test Monday July 23rd at 10 AM.

I have the rest of the week off, so I have 5 days of nothing to do except study.
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Good luck. That's my birthday. I'll drink one for your cause. :D
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    Just had a bang at that intro on prep centre... quite tricky... got 89% but thought a couple of the questions were dodgy... again lol! :)
    Matt of England
  • Options
    Let us know how you go on Bears fan. Good luck mate I'm sure you'll do fine. :D
    Matt of England
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Id say Cisco are less cruel than MS in their questions, much less cruel infact.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.