Options

MCSA/MCSE 2003 invite to beta Server 2008 upgrade exams

Yes we can, yes we can...

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So they are just opening this up for anyone who has there MCSA/MCSE 2003? I think I will hold off on this since I just finished my MCSE and since I had to wait for 6+ months to find out the results for 70-621.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I signed up for the 71-649 exam...just out of curiosity.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I signed up for the 71-649 exam...just out of curiosity.

...same here.
    "The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I just signed up as well. I figure a free exam (beta)+ 40% off (offer from MS on 70-649) = good chance to pass it cheap :D

Now have to study hard. 12 days until the exam aarrgghhh
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Just booked 71-648 for 3rd of August........ If your given the chance then may as well grab it with both hands!!!

Vista experience did sort of annoy me but at the end of the day I know what I've passed and what quals I have.... Not having something on my transcript isn't going to affect my knowledge of the product............ When MS finally put the MCITP and MCTS on my transcript it felt no different to not having it on my transcript...... :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    Took 71-649 beta today. Not a bad exam, 88 questions, heaps on IIS and most was IIS command line switches. Covered TS fairly well.

Worst part is waiting 8-12weeks for the result.

Has any one found anything out about 70-647 (IT Pro: Enterprise Administrator) yet.
    Not much from google and was wondering when the beta is due to be released.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you get any sims on the exam?
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    No sims at all, mostly A,B,C,D etc. Had a few drag and drop/sort questions. Its amazing you would swear the GUI is dead and the command line is back considering how much they drilled you on IIS command line options.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I know, I took the 71-649 exam yesterday (today I'm doing the 71-648 - MCSA upgrade). And even though I know how to do the majority of the things via the GUI. Most of the questions I got were based on the command line. Based on that (I'm not a CLI fan), I'm going to have to wait up to 3 months before I offically find out I failed :)

-Ken
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like the seats are gone - I tried to register for this the day before yesterday and there are no dates available.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yup, same problem here. That's a shame, I tried every test center within 200 miles and no seats available. ncool.gif
  • Options
    rsborgesrsborges Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking this 70-649 in 1 hour...