Options

Scheduled 640-801 (July 31st) Q&A

13»

Comments

• Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Taking a slight break to check up on my fantasy hockey league and then it's onto OSPF. icon_wink.gif
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    Wife's sister came down this past weekend with her boyfriend and got engaged while they were here. They were sleeping in my 2nd bedroom (i.e. lab). Had no access for the 3-4 days leading up to the test so had to cancel it.

Sigh.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    bummer...whens the reschedule?
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Glad to hear things are coming together for ya! Some things click at different times for different people. But doesn't it feel good to know that you are starting to see things in a larger perspective and starting to see how everything works as a system and how parts of the system are influenced by things you never thought about before? OKay that was a really bad run-on sentence.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    shednik wrote:
    bummer...whens the reschedule?

Just did a cancel. Gonna reschedule it for maybe a few weeks from now. I noticed during the 2 week stretch that I might not have given myself enough time. Seems labs take a bit longer than I thought and I just just gotten up through all my routing protocols before the family came down. Doubt 3-4 days would have been enough to properly cram in switching along with WAN protocols. Their easily some of the most intricate things to run through in the lab.

May have been a blessing in disguise that they came down because I probably would have just given myself those 3 days to get it all in and even if I wasn't prepared would have taken the test. I'm rolling again though and shouldn't be long.
    netstudent wrote:
    Glad to hear things are coming together for ya! Some things click at different times for different people. But doesn't it feel good to know that you are starting to see things in a larger perspective and starting to see how everything works as a system and how parts of the system are influenced by things you never thought about before? OKay that was a really bad run-on sentence.

Yeah, I had it all in the past when I was popping these certs like tic-tacs. Was wondering why it felt empty this time around. I'm pretty sure once I get through all the labs from routing, to switching, to WAN, it'll all come together as a whole...........

..........And then I'll be able to fly again. icon_lol.gif

MatrixPathofNeo_XboxBox102005-Ratedboxart_160w.jpg
  • Options
    tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    Netstudent wrote:
    I actually brought this up about a month ago. about EIGRP's hop count. And it is 255 not 224. IF you go to any router wiht the lastest IOS and do a metric maximum-hops ?

the output will return with 255.
    Router(config)#router eigrp 1
    Router(config-router)#metric maximum-hops ?
      <1-255>  Hop count

this is from my 2610
    I was scratchin my head over this one for sure. I don;t know where 224 came up but the confusion it caused is all over the certification community. I googled it several times.
    I've just copied this from Wikipedia...
    '224 for EIGRP and 255 for IGRP'.
    totts from essex
  • Options
    tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    hmmmm I am just reviewing EIGRP here myself.
    Good to know that it is 255. that is a more familiar sounding number anyway right?
    But more importantly, I will surely swear a blue streak if I miss getting 85% because Cisco has it wrong!
    I did post this earlier but it's dissapeared! I took a look at Wikipedia and it said that IGRP was 255 and EIGRP was 244.
    totts from essex
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    never believe anything you see on wikipedia. That can be edited and modified by anyone. In fact, last year there was a big deal on the news about an article on wikipedia that gave some kind of false information about a senator and the media went crazy on it.

Secondly, there are various resources that will say EIGRP has a max hop count of 224 but I don't believe it. I don;t know which book it got misprinted in or if maybe that was an old parameter that got changed. Not sure, but I know what I see on a real router with 12.1 IOS. Which isn;t the most current version but close enough. Plus todd lammle states that it is 255 in the Sybex book. And I believe that book was published in 2004 so.......If the it comes up on the test i'm saying 255.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    never believe anything you see on wikipedia. That can be edited and modified by anyone. In fact, last year there was a big deal on the news about an article on wikipedia that gave some kind of false information about a senator and the media went crazy on it.

Secondly, there are various resources that will say EIGRP has a max hop count of 224 but I don't believe it. I don;t know which book it got misprinted in or if maybe that was an old parameter that got changed. Not sure, but I know what I see on a real router with 12.1 IOS. Which isn;t the most current version but close enough. Plus todd lammle states that it is 255 in the Sybex book. And I believe that book was published in 2004 so.......If the it comes up on the test i'm saying 255.

I agree...
    Cisco routers say it, so does Todd's book...you can't go wrong there!!
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!