Options

ICND a killer

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
I just got done passing the Intro a few months ago and I have been working my way through the ICND material...and i just wanted to say WOW this stuff is hard. Talk about a BLACK and WHITE difference between both parts. The amount of material in the ICND is quadruple the size of the INTRO part.

Comments

• Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    While I am doing the one exam route... but I think you hit it on the nose... I am reading both the ICND and INTRO books over again currently and boy do they have a wide range of material covered. Just gotta bite the bullet... nothing beats that PASS written on the exam printout. :)
  • Options
    mysql1988mysql1988 Member Posts: 115
    is not really that hard. It only hard when you keep telling yourself it is hard.

This is how I did my CCNA

ICND
    INTRO

I took the ICND first before the INTRO because I kept on hearing that that was the hardest one.
    I failed the first time with 20 points way from passing. I took it the second time and passed with over 900 points. Make sure you understand whatever you read and know subnetting in and out
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is how I did my CCNA

ICND
    INTRO

I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you have prior Cisco knowledge (or are recertifying for CCNA). I think we all need to crawl before we walk, and taking the ICND first doesn't make sense to me. If you go the 2 exam route, take INTRO first. Not only is the content easier, but you get a good feel for the exam layout and the way Cisco words their questions.

Just giving my point of view on it...

Also, I passed both exams on my first attempt with over 920 for both exams.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whats even more frustrating is that after all that in depth material in the ICND material, you may find when you take the test that many questions are INTRO material, just keep trying and you will pass. I kept hearing about how much emphasis was placed on subnetting on the ICND but honestly in the 2 test I have attempted (one test screwed up and didn't give a score) I did not see that many questions needing subnetting- and I would have loved to have had more questions on subnetting than the ones I had seen lol.
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up..

I take Intro on Monday morning. I've been studying hard since June 25th, and I plan to really study the next 5 days.

I hope to be on to ICND on July 24th...
  • Options
    wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bearfan wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up..

I take Intro on Monday morning. I've been studying hard since June 25th, and I plan to really study the next 5 days.

I hope to be on to ICND on July 24th...

Make sure you post and let us know how you do
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't be surprised if ICND was just as, if not more, difficult as CCNA. It seems that you would burn up all the easy stuff on the INTRO. Then ICND would be 90 minutes of rigorous hell.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    I understand how you feel, but to tell you the truth. I found that the 1 test method maybe easier in the long run. I took INTRO and failed with a 6xx something, can't recall. My ego was broken for a few days, so i studied for the 1 test route, then i got back out there, but this time I took the 1 test method, and scored 7xx. I noticed that the questions were not a dedicated to INTRO, but to ICND questions. The point is, yes i failed, but next time i am passing for sure. "state of mind"..."state of mind"...put in the studies, and you will pass...good luck.
    Arrakis
  • Options
    357357 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi!

Today morning, I took my ccna recert. I found out that ciscopress (library 2ed) by Wendell Odom was to much for the exam. The exam was too easy if you read and understand it well. I read that book 3 times cover to cover for 2.5 months and 1 more time the summary for one week. I feel nervous when I enter the testing center just because I thought cisco will add some topics coming from the new 640-802 but none.

Just read that book. It's more than enough to pass the exam.

I hope will help.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    awesome man! Thanks for the words of encouragement for us cisco press readers.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!