Options

Alternative to ActiveSync?

sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Right now our company is having trouble with ActiveSync and our email system (Scalix) to work. I wanted to know if you guys know of any good alternative solutions to AS? Most of our devices are the Q phone.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you using the Scalix Outlook Connector?

Essentially you are syncing with Outlook after Outlook has synced with the Scalix Server. I feel like you probably knew that but just wanted to say that as you say that you are having a problem with Scalix + Active Sync.

What are your problems exactly?

Something not getting synced?
  • Options
    Hi Silver,

Scalix has always been a problem for me w/ AS for some reason. I even put in a support ticket to Scalix to get it fixed and they could not get it going either. Right now our company really needs this function.

The problem is nothing will Sync - I tried to do contacts and it gives an error message (server is busy) - I tried to make a task and same thing. I know its supposed to work well, however it has not and when Scalix gave up on it - I knew I was in trouble.

I tried to Sync with a profile with no smartcache and still got nothing.

So as of now I am looking for something else that will work to get these guys syncing with their devices.
  • Options
    Are you using the latest version of Active Sync?

Was the Active Sync Profile already created before Scalix was implemented or was it created after Scalix was implemented?

Have you tried deleting and recreating the Active Sync Profile?

What version of Scalix are you using?

What version of Outlook are you using?

Is Outlook syncing with the Scalix Server ok?
  • Options
    Are you using the latest version of Active Sync?

Was the Active Sync Profile already created before Scalix was implemented or was it created after Scalix was implemented?

Have you tried deleting and recreating the Active Sync Profile?

What version of Scalix are you using?

What version of Outlook are you using?

Is Outlook syncing with the Scalix Server ok?

Yeah this all stuff I went through with Scalix tech support. I have the newest connector (11.1) w/ the newest server version.

Outlook is OL2003 service pack 2. I deleted the AS profile on the Phone and the PC and then tried. I also removed everything from AS and profiles and then tried and still nothing.

Tech support at Scalix could not get it working, and from other people who use Scalix in other companies they have the same problem - its very unstable and not reliable and is hurting production.

This is why I am looking for a reliable solution.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are having this problem, but I have had zero problems with Scalix + Outlook + Active Sync in the businesses I have deployed it.

I am going to assume that Outlook is syncing Email Folders, Calendar, Tasks, Notes & Contacts ok with Scalix??

It's hard to troubleshoot some things without seeing them first hand. I hope you find a solution or alternative.

BTW... I hear that Microsoft has an Email Server Package icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are having this problem, but I have had zero problems with Scalix + Outlook + Active Sync in the businesses I have deployed it.

I am going to assume that Outlook is syncing Email Folders, Calendar, Tasks, Notes & Contacts ok with Scalix??

It's hard to troubleshoot some things without seeing them first hand. I hope you find a solution or alternative.

BTW... I hear that Microsoft has an Email Server Package icon_wink.gif

Yeah some are OK and have no problems - but some others have the same problems as myself. I never had a problem in any other environment I worked in before - first time I have run into these snags.

Outlook is fine with calendar, contacts etc.. no problems just Active Sync problems.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
  • Options
    I took a little time and did a google search for "Q phone ActiveSync Problem" and came across a forum dedicated to the Q phone. It appears that several people are having a issue with the Q phone + Active Sync.
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q/problems-with-activesync-4-2-a-2599.html

I suspect that there is no problem with your email server as Active Sync is not syncing with it, rather it is syncing with Outlook after Outlook has synced with the server.

You might find a solution in the Q phone forums.
  • Options
    Thanks I will take a look!