Anyone seen that New Die Hard movie??

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
Isn't it hillarious when modern movies have that whole "HACK THE WORLD" mumbojumbo!!!!
Like thats actually possible! You would think that modern humans would be technically savy enough to scorn such preposterous notions. Those goofy hollywood directors, i swear!
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    For a documentary it was quite cool icon_lol.gif
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So I should give up?

    ok, onto project number 2: download the Internet.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HAHA! sorry i blew your cover.

    But what would be awesome is like an IT television series. Something that would encompass an IT guy's daily struggles and drama at the office. HOLY **** THE FIREWALL CRASHED, DEREK YOUR FIRED!!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • RodwenRodwen Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "You would think that modern humans would be technically savy enough to scorn such preposterous notions. "


    ^ That... is hilarious.


    dtlokee wrote:
    So I should give up?

    ok, onto project number 2: download the Internet.

    Bwahahaha!
    Proverbs 8:5
    ____

    "If I had one wish to make, this is the wish I would choose... I'd want an old straw hat, a suit of overalls and a worn out pair of shoes."
  • larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    my fav was the movie Firewall with Harrison Ford. At the beginning they were watching the perimeter monitors adn noticed someone probing thier network, dude rattled off some bulls&^t access list that would stop them from probing, I was like wtf!!!!

    the least they could do is get it right....
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    Isn't it hillarious when modern movies have that whole "HACK THE WORLD" mumbojumbo!!!!
    Like thats actually possible!

    Just like it is actually possible to take out a helicopter with a car, and what about the jet on the bridge with the Semi? These movies are supposed to be far fetched like that. I thought it was pretty good actually, of course it wasn't as good as the first one.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Had to explain to a die hard movie watcher that a hacker isn't like some super genius...

    Told him that I could hack if I worked at it and made it my main focus of study and work. And a hacker could become a system admin if he focused himself on that line of work as well. But neither person can do both.

    So basically a "hacker" is just another job position that to be good at, requires hard work and dedication. Passion is a nice thing too.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

    You may learn something!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    larkspur wrote:
    my fav was the movie Firewall with Harrison Ford. At the beginning they were watching the perimeter monitors adn noticed someone probing thier network, dude rattled off some bulls&^t access list that would stop them from probing, I was like wtf!!!!

    the least they could do is get it right....

    Ya that was a good movie. I liked the new Die hardmovie, I just thought it was a little cliche.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • keatronkeatron Security Tinkerer Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    Had to explain to a die hard movie watcher that a hacker isn't like some super genius...

    Told him that I could hack if I worked at it and made it my main focus of study and work. And a hacker could become a system admin if he focused himself on that line of work as well. But neither person can do both.

    So basically a "hacker" is just another job position that to be good at, requires hard work and dedication. Passion is a nice thing too.

    You'd be very surprised as to how many extremely skilled and well known underground hackers are actually sys admins for fortune 500 companies during the day.
Sign In or Register to comment.