Options

CCNA Test-Out??

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
has anyone used this software? I would really like someone to comment that has taken the exam and used testout. I have it and I'm wondering how good of a preparation tool it really is. I sure hope nobody has paid that much for it considering how many bootleg copies are floating around out there.

HOLY CRIKEY are they proud of that software or what????
695$
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• Options
    elgecko69elgecko69 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Testout CCNA is well worth the price. There is a very robust simulator included with the videos. I had set up a small study lab, but the sims were very helpful.
    Suggesting that people resort to software piracy is not a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    okay thanks. I'll put some time into it then.
    I didn't mean to make it sound like i was suggesting people to go out and seek bootleg copies. I was just stating the obvious. I'm trying to get ahead and gain some knowledge. You think I'm going to turn down a preparation tool that a friend is willing to pass on. NO!
    Call me a pirate if you want, but i'll be a pirate thats up to snuff in the industry. Shiver me timbers yeh scurvy dog!

but in all honesty, I got it from school and it was passed out to the whole class. I think it was a volume liscense or something.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the Windows NT exams - Workstation, Server, Server Enterprise, Net Essentials, TCP/IP.

I thought it was EXTREMELY HELPFUL - better than Transcenders. However, the product was a lot cheaper then. You could buy just the Q&A part without the videos for $119 - far less than the $495 they want now. The only reason I haven't bought it for the CCNA is the price is too high.
  • Options
    ya i have 70-291 and 70-294 testouts from school. But thanks for the input. If I ever get on the MCSE track I'll have to dig those up.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    netstudent,

currently i am studying for my ccna and using test out i definitely recommend it, its broken down very well and has exercises to help sink in the material. It's almost liek a course you take from you home, I like their products will definitely use them in my studies from now on.
  • Options
    MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    Has anyone used or recommend the test quizes that are on the cd that comes with the Ciscopress ICND book from Odom? I've been taking the quizes and the questions seem to range from easy to pretty difficult. Just wondered if these are worthwhile or would time be better spent using something else.
  • Options
    Yes I practice that CD everyday. I think that CD is awesome. It tricks the living hell out of ya and may even frustrate you, but it is probably a very good comparison for the type of trickery you might see on the exam. When I first started using that cd is would make me mad icon_evil.gif but the more I practriced, the more i was picking up on the tricks and little things I wouldn;t have thought about prior to taking the actual exam.

I haven't taken the exam, but I would recommend that engine highly.
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Does anybody have a link or a website i could check out?
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    kafifi13 wrote:
    Does anybody have a link or a website i could check out?

The site is TestOut.com.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    yes that is the link to testout of course, but I was referring to the ICND test engine from the cisco press book. As was the poster before me. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    [/quote]
    Yes I practice that CD everyday. I think that CD is awesome. It tricks the living hell out of ya and may even frustrate you, but it is probably a very good comparison for the type of trickery you might see on the exam. When I first started using that cd is would make me mad but the more I practriced, the more i was picking up on the tricks and little things I wouldn;t have thought about prior to taking the actual exam.

I haven't taken the exam, but I would recommend that engine highly.

Thanks

The explanations in the quizes are very helpful as well.
  • Options
    ya just make sure that when you get tricked and get something wrong when you were almost positive that you should have been right, learn WHY you were tricked and what you failed to notice. That is essential as opposed to just remembering to answers. But that engine is really good about mixing up the questions, and having the same genre of question, but with a different multiple choice set. The engine kinda ensures you arn't just memorizing the answers.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah I like the CCNA ICDN CD questions but I have found a ton of errors in it...
  • Options
    yes there are some. Like when it gives you an explanation to a wrong answer and their explanation is exactly what you chose. As someone on the forums stated in another post, that cd can help you become "bulletproof" to cisco's tricks.
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Ya, My school had handed out some copys of some testout for MCSE stuff.
    I'm actually really glad they did though. I think that TestOut is a really good product with great sims.
    I have actually talked our CTO (Chief Technology Officer) to purchase the whole bundle. :)
    http://www.testout.com/keycode/w1923a.htm
    I am now 1/3 into the CCNA and am pretty happy with it.
    I hope to achieve many Certs and alot of knowlege with this software.
    Dont give up! It took me a few weeks to talk the higher ups into buying it.
    GL people.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mikdilly wrote:
    Has anyone used or recommend the test quizes that are on the cd that comes with the Ciscopress ICND book from Odom? I've been taking the quizes and the questions seem to range from easy to pretty difficult. Just wondered if these are worthwhile or would time be better spent using something else.

Dose anyone on the forum who has passed the CCNA exams, have this CD I could borrow for a few bucks +shipping fees as another study tool I could use? That is, if they are drastically different from the CDs in the back of the Academy Program books that I have
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cessation, that link made me drool :O
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Dose anyone on the forum who has passed the CCNA exams, have this CD I could borrow for a few bucks +shipping fees as another study tool I could use? That is, if they are drastically different from the CDs in the back of the Academy Program books that I have

I could make a copy of mine if you still wanted it
  • Options
    Does anyone know which questions are glaringly wrong on the practice cd? Is there anywhere that you can get corrections for the questions?