Options

ICND 640-811 failed today second try 837 gutted....

welshguy2007welshguy2007 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi just thought I would share my experience of the ICND exam. First off I took this exam a week ago and I must be honest I crapped myself very intimidated but no need to be, my score was 723 with 2 mins to spare.

So I thought ok I now have experienced the exam felt that the mark was not a shameful one. so I booked straight back in 6 days later today. Bad news I failed again this time with 837 as you know 849 was the pass and had 8 mins to spare so gutted is an understatement felt very confident but obviously that was not the case.

I went on a ccna weeks course and the rest been self study no experience with routers have two Cisco switches so I feel I have had good progress. I will not let this beat me I have booked in again next Wednesday so back to the books until that day breaks.

I will update when I retake. Hopefully to say I am CCNA icon_wink.gif

Forgot to mention i had a question today and the min i hit the next i knew i had answered it wrong and could not go back thats something to be aware. who knows that may have been my pass gone out the window. so be sure in clciking the next button there is no going back.

Comments

• Options
    mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
    Good luck mate. IF you fail again which I hope you don't I'd advise trying to get some experience with Routers... if only using a simulator. This will help you greatly.

Good luck.
    Matt of England
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to fear you failed a 2nd time...

Hopefully you will get it next time...

If you fail, can you not take the test again for 5 calender days or 5 business days starting the day afterward? If you failed today, Thursday the 19th you have to wait until Tues the 24th?
    Do you also have to wait 5 days before you can schedule it or just to take the test again?
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dont worry about it. You made a huge jump of over 100 points from the first exam and you know you are THAT close... third times the charm!

I believe its only 4 days and you can schedule it right away.
  • Options
    welshguy2007welshguy2007 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes i have booked it for 25th wednesday you have to wait 5 days then book the next day which is 6 really unless sunday is not counted as a work day etc.

i am looking forward to it but not if that makes sense lol. i will be studying all weekend and monday tues and give it my best shot.

i will update my result i am so looking forward to fingers crossed getting this in the bag.
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You have to wait 5 days before you can schedule it again?? You can't schedule it immediately but for 5 days in the future?
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you, I myself am going to take the ICND for a second time on Monday so I know how you feel, just keep your chin up and think of how good you will feel once you pass it.