Options

Interview on Monday for Desk side position!!!

huddahudda Member Posts: 101
I have interview on Monday for Desk side position any advice will appreciate!

Thanks
Hudda

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A method I use when I need to calm down is to remember my old windows server teacher. He was an older man with grey air, who taught aikido. He walked slowly and never seemed to bother with anything that went on around him, always giving off a calm aura. He'd always tell me to relax, and that the world is going to still be here tomorrow.

Think of this interview as a stepping stone, on your way to better things. Be honest, but don't sell yourself short and tell them that your willing to continue your studies and become more proficent at your skills. Helpdesk doesn't require much, but you still want to know the basics and show the interviewer that your someone s/he can trust with their customers/employees.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    your an MCSE and applying for a service desk position?? I'm gussesing this must be some kind of Lead or Manager position or jobs must be really hard to find for MCSE's in your area...
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    sorry if my last post sounded kinda harsh, i was just more surprised then anything and kinda angered by the fact that an MCSE cant even find a job these days....

I just recently got a tier 1 help desk position yesterday after my interview, here is some advice:

Focus on Email and Exchange if they use it, because email is really important these days its become the primary business communication tool/legal document used by businesses.

Know basic Active Directory and Group Policy, some basic command line stuff like ipconfig /all and tracert.

Make sure you show that you know customer service, that is a major skill they look at for service desk.

Just relax and answer questions to the best of your ability and your knowledge will show.

win2k4
  • Options
    huddahudda Member Posts: 101
    Hi win2k4; do not feel sorry, you are right that is what I am feeling too, not to worry about it………., Toronto is not easy to get into Admin jobs easily, I have been waiting without job for 2 month for Admin job, this job is in IBM, I am hoping it will be a good to start, if I can get my foot in the door I probably shift with what I want………….

Thank you for advice
    Hudda