Options

need help with my router

agent_linuxagent_linux Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi! I have 2 cisco routers (2500 series) when I tried to connect the 1st router to my laptop, I have noticed that I don't have a DB9 port and COM! for HyperTerminal. I only have COM3, COM4 and COM5. So I bought a "CISCO CONSOLE CABLE RJ45 TO DB25" and used COM3 but my HyperTerminal doesn't display anything. HyperTerminla's screen is just completely blank, no text from router booting up.

Can please anyone help me how to access/ connect to my router using
"CISCO CONSOLE CABLE RJ45 TO DB25" through COM3. Is it even possible? What do I need? Please anyone help, I would appreciate it so much. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    NeonNoodleNeonNoodle Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had the same problem. Your laptop should have a USB port. Buy and USB to DB9 adapter. After that you won't have any problems.
    I recognize the lion by his paw.
    --Jacob Bernoulli
  • Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Hi,

Same here, i just bought one USB to DB9 adapter, installed the drivers and that's it.

Hope this help. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I saw one on ebay for less than a dollar. Shipping was like 5 or 6 bucks though.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    I got one from China for 5 bucks. PM me and i'll give you the linke to the Ebay seller. I have the same problem as i'm using an IBM t-42
  • Options
    agent_linuxagent_linux Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone post a link or something? I'm sure what to search on ebay. I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Just type what they've told you into ebay: USB to DB9 adapter.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky