ICND Test

fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello

I have taken the into exam in May and passed it. I was wondering if I can take the 801 exam or do I have to take the 811 since I have taken 821?
for me personally, I would prefer to take the 801, but not sure if Cisco would requireme to take the 811?

Thanks

Comments

• markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Why would you do that?

But in any case yes, you can take the 640-801 exam anytime because it is a combination of the 2 exams you'd have to take in the other route. Still don't see why one would do this.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you scared of ICND?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    I kind of thought about this after my response post. I guess if someone was extremely confident with the INTRO, but very scared of the ICND material, they could pass the INTRO first and then realising they have the ICND go and take the dual test knowing there would be less ICND on it. I dont know. Thats the only reason I could imagine someone doing what the OP is asking about.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    yea it confused me as well mark thats the only logical explanation i can see out of it
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hey Shednik, kinda off subject but how about

cd /pub
    grep more beer
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your responses and advice

Well I think I will go ahead and schedule the ICND test. I will be taking the test in two weeks. My previous decision, wanting to take the 801 instead of 811, was because of some problems with isdn and not having any hardware to test it. After reading some posts and noticing that it s unlikely to get an ISDN simulation i decided to go with the 811
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    markzab wrote:
    I kind of thought about this after my response post. I guess if someone was extremely confident with the INTRO, but very scared of the ICND material, they could pass the INTRO first and then realising they have the ICND go and take the dual test knowing there would be less ICND on it. I dont know. Thats the only reason I could imagine someone doing what the OP is asking about.

Exactly. I ended up in a similar situation, but only because I kept bombing the ICND.

I still have yet to pass the 801. . . :: sigh ::
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers