MCSE Track

fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm not sure about the order in this MCSE 2000 track. I want my MCSA as well so after achieving my 215, shall i go straight to the 218 or, just continue with the normal route 216,217 and then 218. I just want the most easiest route, if there is such a thing

Comments

• pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    order doesnt matter.. But i would do the 216 farther back as it is the hardest of them all

My order-A+,Net+, 210,215, Now-218.. I will have my mcsa after this.
    Then i will hit 217 and then 216.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    IMHO I think most easiest would be 210-215-217-218, because 218 is a compilation of the info covered in those first 3 exams. Group policy, remote software installation and other basic ADS topics that are covered in 217 return in the 218 exam... hence also vice versa ;)
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I did 210,215,218, 216 and 217 tomorrow...

I Found that order to be fine, getting MCSA as soon as possible....Could have done 217 before 216 but I wanted to get a cert asap !!
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    I took 210 and 215 on the same day - then took 217 (failed the first time) - took 217 again the very next day with a pass and then took 218. I put off 216 due to the hype and the subnetting skills that I didn't have at the time icon_wink.gif I applied my A+ and Net+ toward my MCSA to "just get the cert". Then I went back and took 219 (because of how it relates to 217), followed by 216 and 221.

Which electives you take to complete your MCSE are completely up to you. Is there an area you want to focus on? Is security your thing? There are so many areas you can really specialize in in pursuit of the MCSE. Heck if you approach them properly when you're done you could be MCSA, MCSE, and MCDBA :o
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, did any of you guys use any CBT Videos when preparing for your exams? Cos since i only have one PC there is not alot i can do as far as getting any real hands-on -experience, so i am heavily relying on my CBT Nuggets videos (which is fantastic). It's like i know how to install WinXP using RIS or configuring Terminal Services with Win2000 even though i have never done it before. Do you think preparing for my exams this way is wrong or can i get away with it?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You can probably get by enough to pass.

Will you be able to remember how to perform the same operation if you need to do it on the job? Well, I'm a believer in real hands on, but I also realize some of this equipment and OSs can be expensive to buy.

It's just something to think about.

Wish you the best of luck!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    I used CBT's by TestOut. Loved them! They are quite pricey though. However, I found their labs to be very well structured and focused.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K