Options

Tommorrow is Intro test

bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think I'm hanging it up for now. I'll know if I passed or failed in about 16 hours.

I have studied pretty hard the past 4.5 weeks. I'm very comfortable with subnetting. I got 34 of 35 questions correct on this site's Intro practice test. I get 90%-92% on other practice tests. I think I have a good shot at passing, but I've never taken a Cisco test before.

I think the most important thing now is for me to get a good night's sleep. I don't feel staying up late and being tired tommorrow would help.

I wasn't always sure where Intro ends and ICND begins. In the Sybex book, I studied chapters 1-5, and chapters 7 and 9 thorough. I studied 6,8, and 11 modestly. And I didn't study chapter 10 (ACL's) at all. If you go by the test objectives, I should be ok with that.

I want to thank everyone for answering questions and providing this forum. I hope to tell you I passed tommorrow

Comments

• Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A tip, before you click the button to take the test take a few slow deep breaths and remind yourself that you have studied hard for this test- it may help you to avoid test panic, it helped me a bit in the past. Good luck to you, I take the ICND tomorrow myself.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Good luck!!!....

i take the 801 exam in about a month...kinda nervous about it let us know how you do!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Watch your time managment on the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want everyone to know I passed the test and its on to ICND!!!

There were 42 questions and 2 sims. I passed with a 983.

I overstudied - I studied subjects that were not on the Intro test objectives because I wanted to be safe. As you can see, I studied everything some except for ACL's. I hope that makes my prep time for ICND shorter.

Thanks to everyone for providing this forum.

Also, my Cisco switch arrived today from Cisco kits.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats and Good Luck!!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
    Well in Bearfan!!! Congratulations mate!!! If I pass my CCNA I reckon it'll be the most surreal feeling i've ever experienced.

Well done mate. icon_wink.gif
    Matt of England
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    bearfan wrote:
    I want everyone to know I passed the test and its on to ICND!!!

There were 42 questions and 2 sims. I passed with a 983.

I overstudied - I studied subjects that were not on the Intro test objectives because I wanted to be safe. As you can see, I studied everything some except for ACL's. I hope that makes my prep time for ICND shorter.

Thanks to everyone for providing this forum.

Also, my Cisco switch arrived today from Cisco kits.

Congrads...

I didnt know the INTRO had sims as well....
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III