CCNA - ICND failed

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Alright, so I took a week off from Cisco after failing the ICND with a 820 (need an 849, 1000 possible)

I can say it was not the material that failed me. But that I ran out of time. I had to guess on the last 6 answers and still didn't have enough time to answer the last question before it timed out on me. In all reality to guess on those questions (and not do the last one), to get a 820 was not bad. Clearly I was getting the answers right.

It comes down to sim. I was stumbling over something sooo very (very!) stupid and dumb, I didn't even check for it. Took me 16 minutes to do the sim. (you are supposed to only need 10).

I was so sick at myself for letting something SOOO simple stump me like that. Doesn't not even make sense for me to mess that up.

So anyway, I have not even touched anyting since then.

Chances are I will not get the same sim next time, so I am worried about speeding up on reading the details on the sim. (took me nearly 5 minutes to read the instructions! It had nearly 7 paragraphs) Any advice?
-Daniel

Comments

• gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    ALL I CAN TELL YOU MAN IS DONT GIVE UP. KEEP GOING AT IT AND YOU WILL GET IT. IT SEEMS THAT YOU ONLY MISSED THE TEST BY A FEW QUESTIONS. I BET THE NEXT TIME YOU WILL GET IT DONE...

DONT GIVE UP!!!! :D
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Alright, so I took a week off from Cisco after failing the ICND with a 820 (need an 849, 1000 possible)

I can say it was not the material that failed me. But that I ran out of time. I had to guess on the last 6 answers and still didn't have enough time to answer the last question before it timed out on me. In all reality to guess on those questions (and not do the last one), to get a 820 was not bad. Clearly I was getting the answers right.

It comes down to sim. I was stumbling over something sooo very (very!) stupid and dumb, I didn't even check for it. Took me 16 minutes to do the sim. (you are supposed to only need 10).

I was so sick at myself for letting something SOOO simple stump me like that. Doesn't not even make sense for me to mess that up.

So anyway, I have not even touched anyting since then.

Chances are I will not get the same sim next time, so I am worried about speeding up on reading the details on the sim. (took me nearly 5 minutes to read the instructions! It had nearly 7 paragraphs) Any advice?

It's always the little things.....I couldn't begin to tell you the number of labs that I've had ospf authentication set up perfect on, only to forget one little detail or something along that lines. On the plus side, it's always a learning experience.

As for advice on the sims, I have yet to take the CCNA exam(hopefully in a month I will....just have to finish book 4..taking it slow to make sure I understand it all), but all I can really say is get back on the horse. You sound like you know what you are doing question-wise, so I'd go again and make the 850! Good luck on the next one!
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.