Options

Really Stuck here...Advice would be appreciated

TheMan3276TheMan3276 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not sure what else to do or ask......My 70-270 is scheduled for July 31st. I have read my class book, the Sybex book, gone over everything possible in the technotes and cram exams, i read the material and study the material and know the material. I do very well on all of the exams at end of chapters, but the transcenders i am killing i have taken them so many times, tha ti knwo the answers already before i read the questions, i am averaging like a 75% and i knwo this stuff

Any advice on what i can do in the next week here?

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They say that if you are getting 70-100% on your transcender exams then you are ready for the real test. You sound like you are over prepared and ready to go. A 700 on the test isn't THAT hard to get.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would just keep studying until you get to the day before the test and just relax. Also make sure you take a look at the test objectives before you sit the exam. If worst comes to worst you can still reschedule for a later date but you should be fine. Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi and welcome on board.

The Transcenders usually are a bit harder than the real exam, though I have no idea if this is the case for the 70-270 exam. But, 75% is on the low side. If you know your stuff 'and' know the answers from previous attempts you should be scoring higher than that. It sounds like you may be rushing through the question because you are familiar with the question. Make sure you understand why an answer is correct, read the explanation and references, ideally 'use' the technology in a test setup, and then you'll be scoring 90% and higher in no time... well, in the next 7 days ;)

Good luck!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Hi and welcome on board.

The Transcenders usually are a bit harder than the real exam, though I have no idea if this is the case for the 70-270 exam. But, 75% is on the low side. If you know your stuff 'and' know the answers from previous attempts you should be scoring higher than that. It sounds like you may be rushing through the question because you are familiar with the question. Make sure you understand why an answer is correct, read the explanation and references, ideally 'use' the technology in a test setup, and then you'll be scoring 90% and higher in no time... well, in the next 7 days ;)

Good luck!

I agree with webmaster, the transcenders are a bit more difficult than the actual exams.

Microsoft has their own "style" of questions. So you may know the stuff, but you may not know how to answer their questions. It was killing me at first when studying for this exam. But once I figured out the MS language, it was getting way easier, and I passed comfortably.

good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another tip, might be instead of trying to choose the correct answer, go through the Transcenders and try to eliminate the wrong choices and thereby deducing the correct answer.

If you have the knowledge to know why choices are incorrect it shows a firmer grasp of the material.

See if that gives you more confidence. Good luck. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

thanks alot everyone for you opinions, i think i need to relax, wow after all this educatin and schooling these exams by far more stressful than anything ive ever done
  • Options
    Well tomorrows the day, been studying liek crazy i cant read any more items without it being the second or third time reading it, i feel like i know this stuff inside and out but yet still getting 70 on transcenders, but f it im done studying lets get this exam over.

anyone got any last minute advice?
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck, let us know how it goes :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    thanks for all the help guys, we passed, by a narrow margin, but a pass is a pass! catch ya'll int he 290 room next