Options

MCP Certificate???

kabmorrykabmorry Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys help me out here. I'm confused. I finished my 70-290, can i request my mcp certificate?

Thanks in advance.
kabmorry
The best thing you can do for ur self is to do the BEST for your self

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you've passed the 70-290 test, you'll be getting your MCP certificate in the mail, along with a few other goodies, in about 6 weeks or so. You should also be getting an email from Microsoft a few days after passing your test, telling you what your MCP ID number is, and how to access the MCP Member Site.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    kabmorrykabmorry Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. I did get my mcp id but have not recieved the mail and it's been more than two months now!
    The best thing you can do for ur self is to do the BEST for your self
  • Options
    brAunbrAun Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi,
    i still haven't received any email for my mcp ID. how long its take them to send u the email? i have passed the exam for almost 1 week but i still haven't got my mcp id. any1 experience the same problem like me?
    Failure is the mother of success, just never stop trying :)
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After you have your MCP id you have to log into the MCP secure site to confirm your shipping information and request your welcome kit which includes the certificate.

If you haven't received the email with your MCP id, I would wait about another week and then contact microsoft through the MCP Help email address.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For what it is worth, there was something up on the Microsoft Training website about a known issue causing some delays in transcript updates and receiving welcome kits etc. This may or may not be old news.

I just thought I would mention it. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    i havent recieve anything and it been a month since i pass the 70-270...who do i contact?
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Hey Guys .....

First:
    You must have the registration number on the score-sheet which u received after the exam. That would have your REGISTRATION number. Get Hold Of it.

Second:
    Call your nearest MS Regional Service Center. They will ask the Reg. no and give u your MCP ID.

Third:
    Login to https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp and REGISTER yourself.

Fourth:
    Activate your registration via your Email Account.

Fifth:
    login to the mcp site and Order your WELCOME KIT.

*** MS does not send an email notification. Atleast i never got it after waiting for over a month. This is what i had to do. Gud Luck :)
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3