Options

70-290

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
Let me try this again, I would like to greet everyone a warm Hello I am new to this site, I am looking at taking my 70-290 this coming Sunday, I've studied MS Press and Testout so far.

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    welcome to the site
    best of luck, let us know how it goes :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    Good luck ... let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Good luck on the 70-290. There's a lot of overlap between that and 70-270. I didn't use the Testout materials but heard they were good. That, along with the MS Press 70-290 book should be adequate if you have decent experience and are doing the labs as described in the 70-290 book and getting plenty of practice.

Once again, good luck
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    I appreciate the gesture I will post back here as soon I take my exam, so far I do have little experience in the administration side, I also configured my laptop using Vmware and have 2 desktop that is setup as win 2003 server.
  • Options
    I am still very confused with the difference of:

Local Domain Security
    Global Domain Security
    Universal Domain Security

I know that you use Universal Security if your servers is in mixed mode or running old version of Servers.
  • Options
    kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    Hi everyone !
    I just pass today with 871 the 70-290 icon_cool.gif !!
    I hope U'll pass to jbaello
  • Options
    Wow that is an awesome score, Congrats! is there a lot of Directory Services Command Line questions?
  • Options
    Something for you!

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the site and good luck jbaello!

Congrats on your pass kyrikaze!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Thanks royal :D and Hi jbaello !

I didn't have Directory Services Command Line Questions, but I can't say they don't exist.

I get 45 questions:

- 6 simulations icon_eek.gif

- 13 Questions about The Backup job, Incremetial, Differential, Copy Backup, Normal Backup, Dayly Backup (it was essentialy DRAG and DROP questions forthe backup) ,and some about fault tolerance with Mirroring, RAID-5, or SPANNED volume, etc...

- 3 Questions about IIS Web services, Remote administration, Acces to a shared printer by IIS..

- 2 Questions on WSUS.

And a mix of all others thing dealing with 2003 server like some GPO, User Account preference...

A friend who took the 290 with me (he pass too), had 10 questions on IIS !! and only 2 on Backup job...
    So, there is no real learning strategy for this one, but I think that all the questions listed above are making 70 % of the exam.

Good Luck for your 70-290 :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the run down Kyrakaze, quick question what do you mean by simulation? is this actually the questions that requires to actually configure it like your actually in the real box or real windows server 2003? I rescheduled my exam this coming Sunday 8/05/07 I will update the results, I am still trying to figure out the difference between OU.
  • Options
    By simulations, i mean "real windows server 2003 envirronement" with a desktop and the start button. each of those who took the exam the same day as me, had 6 simulations.
  • Options
    Wow thanks a lot Kyrykaze you are very helpful.

Cheers! :)
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone can send me a Diagram of Group Scope, I tried searching for one but unable to find one.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A diagram for group scope would be chaotic. Just study over the following and write it out to help it commit to memory better:
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/79d93e46-ecab-4165-8001-7adc3c9f804e1033.mspx?mfr=true

The help file in Server 2003 is also very good for explaining group scope.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks