Passed!!

bonam004bonam004 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just Passed d exam- Must say wasn't that easy although I studied hard for it.

Anyways a pass is a pass icon_lol.gif

On to the beast!!

Comments

• pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Congrats...

I look back and am not sure how hard it was or not.. I know that all the tests i have taken have seemed hard in one way or another..

Taking the beast huh? I opted on 218, just to get that cert on my resume..

:)
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I'd do 218 next...which is basically a harder version of 210 & 215 rolled into one...

With the knowledge built up on these 3, set you up for 216 or 217..

Good luck..
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • bonam004bonam004 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    10x guys

How was it 70-218 mikiemov? Was it that difficult? You had lots of drag and drop questions? How long did you studied for it & what resources did you use?
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I found 218 to be fairly ok.

I spent a good 8-10 weeks studying for 210 but this studying also involved a lot of the scope for 215. Therefore I sat 210 in mid July, 215, 4 weeks later then 218 4 weeks after that.

Studywise for 210&215 I used a sybex book, 218 used an examcram book, then (for all exams) once books read etc, used transcenders until exam to tighten up on exam scenarios.

Im in the very fortunate position of being the sole IT Engineer for a company with 50users and one domain..therfore have a "free hand" to do what I want. Therfore, i set up a test domain in the office with a single DC and a few workstations and played about with RIS, DNS,DHCP, GPO's etc..I found that the text books teach you how things work..but the exams hit on troubleshooting elements ie when things dont work..and no text book can teach you that.

218, goes into further detail on topics in 210/215. So if you are comfy with those 218 will be a blast....

Study hard, get 218 under your belt, then go for 216/217. At least then you well get MCSA early.

Good luck
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I am reading the microsoft self paced 218 book. Up to Chapter 9 i could have skipped because it is just a reminder of what was on 210, and 215..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman