just start

hfdhfd Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I’m just starting with mcse
And I need help. I want use the virtual pc for practice but I’m confuse.like: how many guest I should create. because some one told me that I need buy a new OS xp pro.for every guest I creat and that it’s very expensive for me know
Any advice or suggesting please.
Thank you

Comments

• georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    I'd recommend that you use an evaluation copy of Server 2003 (downloadable or included with the MCSE/MCSA training kit) and XP Pro/Vista (included with the MSCE/MCSA training kit. Of course Virtual PC is available as a free download also.

George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • hfdhfd Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Thank you for your reply
    I think they have only an evaluation copy of Server 2003 in the MSCE/MCSA training kit.
    Do you know where I can find an evaluation copy of Windows xp Pro?
    Thanks
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think you can download xp evaluation anymore except for the 64 bit edition:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/facts/trial.mspx

I would be very surprised if the MS Press materials for 70-270 did not include the XP evaluation software, but I didn't use it so I don't know for certain.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    The MS Press materials for 70-270 has evaluation copy of Windows xp Pro but MSCE/MCSA training kit has only evaluation copy of Server 2003
    Do you think I can use the 64-bit edition xp Pro in virtual pc as guest.
    Thanks
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    hfd wrote:
    The MS Press materials for 70-270 has evaluation copy of Windows xp Pro but MSCE/MCSA training kit has only evaluation copy of Server 2003
    Do you think I can use the 64-bit edition xp Pro in virtual pc as guest.
    Thanks

Use the evaluation copy in the MS 70-270 training kit. You most likely will take this test for your MCSA/MCSE anyway.
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
    Thank you very much
    Hi
    Do I have to use windows server 2003 only in virtual server. Or I can use it even in virtual pc. And if someone can explain to me why and what is the difference.
    Thank you