Options

System Partition Bootstrap Files

BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Are the system partition bootstrap files located in the system root folder named system root/system32 folder icon_confused.gif:

These are the bootstrap files for XP

BOOT.INI
NTLDR.COM
NTDETECT.COM
BOOTSECT.DOS
NTBOOTDD.SYS

I need to some clarification.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    KejanardKejanard Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No. The Boot files for the Windows OS are stored within the system directory(C:\), the root of the drive 'C' for single installtion, for dual boot configuration it will be on the root of the drive that the Windows or WINNT directory is located on.
    So, for windows OS the boot files are stored within the system root directory (C:\) and the system files are stored in the boot directory (C:\WINDOWS\system32 or C:\WINNT\system32) based on the version OS 2000 and later versions.

Peace!!
    Kejanard
    www.kejanard.net

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." -Aristotle
  • Options
    BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kejanard wrote:
    No. The Boot files for the Windows OS are stored within the system directory(C:\), the root of the drive 'C' for single installtion, for dual boot configuration it will be on the root of the drive that the Windows or WINNT directory is located on.
    So, for windows OS the boot files are stored within the system root directory (C:\) and the system files are stored in the boot directory (C:\WINDOWS\system32 or C:\WINNT\system32) based on the version OS 2000 and later versions.

Peace!!

Thanks KeJanard. I will keep this in mind while I am studying for the MCDST.