Options

mcse

hfdhfd Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I heard that mcse is retiring
Can some one tell what I’m doing wrong. Because I just start studying mcse (spending lots money in books, cds.computer…..)
And if it’s really retiring. Can some one tell me when they going stop taking the exam for mcse.any advice can be very helpful. Like should I just forget the mcse and look for the new certification instead?…….
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The MCSE is not retiring. The title is being phased out and replaced with the MCTS and MCITP.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Don't quit with the MCSE. The track is going away but the certification is not. Companies will be running server 2003 for a long time yet so being certified is still going to have plenty of value. Just look at the 2000 cert, they only recently announced that retire dates on those exams and the product is over 7 years old.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    IT VERY HELPFUL TO KNOW ALL THIS
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND HAVE A NICE DAY
  • Options
    michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    Ditto! I'm doing 290 and was praying that it wasn't in vain.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is not in vain, Microsoft is just now retiring the 2000 MCSE exams. The certification itself will still remain valid. It will be a few years before MS starts retiring the 2003 MCSE exams, and even when they do the MCSE 2003 will retain its value for awhile after that. IMO it takes a long time for most new certifications to catch on, almost everyone knows what MCSE is but get confused or know little about the MCTS/MCITP.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2