Comptia will be revising its Security+ exam

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
I got an email earlier today which seems to indicate that the Sec+ is finally going to get its much needed revamping.

Here is a portion of the email:

Dear CompTIA Security+ Professional,

It’s time for a revision of the CompTIA Security+ objectives and exam. CompTIA is seeking Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in information security, to assist in the re-development of CompTIA Security+ through participation in a Job Task Analysis (JTA). The purpose of a JTA is to identify areas of competence required for certification, and to ensure that the examination objectives are relevant to job roles and activities for the target audience: security professionals with a minimum of two years experience in Network Administration with a focus on security.

I for one am very excited about the re-development of the cert. I beleive that restructuring it and updating the material may increase its value.

For anyone working on or thinking about taking this exam it might be beneficial for you to try and get it finished within the next year. I do not have any idea on the time frame for a change on this, but im assuming it will wont be for some time.

Comments