Options

Your Testing Experience

trsundowntrsundown Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings Programs...

I am getting ready to take the CISSP exam and would like to hear about other peoples testing experiences like how were the facilities where you took the exam? How professional was the staff? How long did it take you? How many times did you take the test? And what was your biggest aid in studying? Plus any other tidbits that you think would be helpful to know.

Thanks
Brandon
Brandon Sewall MCP, MCSA
Computer System Security Analyst, Senior
Lockheed Martin MS2

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'"
- Isaac Asimov

Comments

• Options
    justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    trsundown wrote:
    Greetings Programs...

I am getting ready to take the CISSP exam and would like to hear about other peoples testing experiences like how were the facilities where you took the exam? How professional was the staff? How long did it take you? How many times did you take the test? And what was your biggest aid in studying? Plus any other tidbits that you think would be helpful to know.

Thanks
    Brandon

I took the test in Reston VA on the 29th of July. the test was held at the ACSE Building. the facility was pretty nice, good temperature and water was provided :P . The proctors were on time, but the exam administrator was a little late, nothing to really complain about though. I completed the test in three hours, but this isn't a race, take as long as you need up to the six hour limit. This was my first attempt, so we will see if I need to retest when the results come back. As far as studying tips, I used the tried and trusted AIOv3, the Official Study Guide, Mike Myer's Passport to the CISSP for the commute and CCCure.org. Good luck on your exam!
  • Options
    SofaSurferSofaSurfer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam in Buffalo NY. The exam was given at a Marriot hotel. The proctor and the helper were both nice. It took me three hours and fifteen minutes to complete the exam. After finishing I thought about going over it once and double checking but thought it's best not to second guess myself and I wanted to get out of there and on my way back to Houston.

I took a CISSP boot camp course before the exam but it wasn't all that great and if I had to do it again, I would not spend the money on that. I also used the preplogic audio cd's. I ordered the seminar CD and the questions and answers cd which arrived two days before I was to leave for the boot camp. Preplogic screwed up and sent me two copies of the questions and answer cd and would not overnight me the correct cd's even though it was their mistake so I returned both copies of the questions and answers cd's which of course I made a copy of before sending them back.

The preplogic cd's were pretty good and came during my drive to Washington DC for the boot camp and on Friday drove to Buffalo NY and took the exam that Sunday. It would have been nice to have had the seminar cd's and eventually after a few hours and a couple hundred miles I couldn't stand listening to the questions and answers anymore so I popped in some Tiesto and concentrated more on my driving.

After finishing the exam all I wanted to do was get back to Houston and I couldn't tell you at that time if I had thought if I had passed or failed because I had no idea.

It took a full two weeks to get my results via email and I passed.
    Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality