just oreder the Sybex book

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
Hi everyone

I just ordered the sybex book what else have you used to make sure your fully prepared for the exam.

I really like Transcender's software for MS exams but haven't tired it for any Comptia exams

anyways let me know what the security Guru's here recommend

my time frame is probably 2 months to get my security +

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I have also used Mike Meyer's "Passport" along with the Sybex book.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:

matradley advised to get the passport book and from my experience, it REALLY clears up the PKI confusion I was having with the sybex. Overall, Sybex is an awesome book, and the Passport further compliments it, IMO

thanks again matradley for your recommendation!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    snadam wrote:
    matradley wrote:

matradley advised to get the passport book and from my experience, it REALLY clears up the PKI confusion I was having with the sybex. Overall, Sybex is an awesome book, and the Passport further compliments it, IMO

thanks again matradley for your recommendation!
    I agree... Though another suggested the book to me, it was a great read and is worth the money. I think you can purchase the book for less than $20 now.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I'll probably pick that up

I love the transcender software but it is pretty expensive

and I find comptia questions are nice and short jsut brute memorization where MS exams are more scenario based so seeing that type of format in practice tests really helps me

I will probably pick up the mike meyers book once I've read through the Sybex one once or twice.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Smallguy wrote:
    I really like Transcender's software for MS exams but haven't tired it for any Comptia exams

A good alternative test sim, that I found very useful, was from Preplogic. So far the Security+ was the only exam I took where I didn't use Transcender.

-Ken