Options

Advice

IchigoIchigo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Came back form testing 606 feeling sad now need advice on security and installing don't say read the site I did that already.

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Ichigo wrote:
    Came back form testing 606 feeling sad now need advice on security and installing don't say read the site I did that already.
    I am sorry to hear that. What else did you do to prepare?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Read sybex 1 to 3 and used trancender and selftest and study my bad points which is INSTALLING and security.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you think your problem is not knowing the material or is it developing the skills to filter out the important stuff from the unimportant stuff in Microsoft's questions?

I have seen several people who are pretty good with the technology but don't read the questions carefully enough before jumping to an answer.

Try ruling out all the incorrect choices first(and know why they are incorrect) and then get to the right answer by deduction.

Good luck next time icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I know Sybex is great... but you could pick up the MS Press book for this exam.
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    matradley- can't do that sorry
    ITdude- you met be right
    cabrillo24-Yes I don't have a choice

Taking it again on monday gonna spend the weekend reading sybex and examcram just my weak points.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are no that far from a pass. Try doing something a little different and don't forget what you already know and I think you should be fine next time.

This is not a really hard exam by MS standards. I think it is more of a learning curve of the question format for you. Good luck.. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I finished the chapter I was reading and know where I went wrong. Lucky for me I remember most of the question that were on my exam. :D Next time I study I'll take notes.
  • Options
    Ichigo wrote:
    I finished the chapter I was reading and know where I went wrong. Lucky for me I remember most of the question that were on my exam. :D Next time I study I'll take notes.
    Great work. Remember though, odds are the questions you will receive next time will be an entirely different set.
  • Options
    I know, but because I know, I knew what I needed to work on and what to look for.