Options

Earning extra income, looking for ideas

I have a full-time job and have been thinking to do something IT-related to earn some extra income.

My background and experience in is systems and network admin. I'm not a programmer or a database guru. Many years ago I also used to do technical support and Tier 2 Helpdesk.

Is anyone on this forum earning some extra income in addition to full-time job?

P.S. I also thought about going to Hollywood to become a movie star, but I'd rather be a contributor to society than a burden, so that's not an option icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PC repair on the side is the most common way to achieve this. Also depending on who you know there may be some small businesses that will let you come in after hours and do some work. That's what I'm doing right now.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Based on your certification list you could probably make money saving the planet or something... icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It seems the most common way is to do computer repair on the side. Another option might be to contact small businesses or consultants in your area and see if they have a need for you to do some IT work after normal business hours.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    here is a quick $20 bucks if you can figure this out

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25390
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!