Options

Question for you guys

TheMan3276TheMan3276 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
when looking at the microsoft site for the exam objectives, which column am i suposed ot be looking at for the correct objectives, can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not sure if I understand you. If you google 70-290, the first link will take you to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx

If you scroll down a bit, you will see a blue table header saying, "Skills measured by Exam 70-290." Everything under it will list the technical objectives for the exam.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    TheMan3276TheMan3276 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    then under that, there are 3 columns listed there, pertaining to 3 courses, 2273, 2274, and 2275, is it a specific column or do you study everything listed there in all 3 columns?
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    All the items listed are exam objectives but the 3 official Microsoft courses don't cover all of the exam objectives. So study all of the items or if you take one of the Microsoft courses catch up on the remaining missing exam objectives.
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can see blue checkmarks in the columns for different objectives. This means that different objectives are in different courses. So far the first objective, "Manage basic disks and dynamic disks," there is information pertaining tot he exam in 2 different courses: 2273 and 2275. So typically, to have an understanding of everything, you would do all 3 courses.

Typically, nobody really looks at the columns. You would get one or two books, CBT Nuggets, Transcenders, and TechExams of course! You would supplement this with Virtual Machines (VMware/Virtual PC/Server) or real physical boxes. I know it sounds quite expensive, especially if you start buying CBT Nuggets/Transcenders for all the exams, but it's definitely worth it in terms of long-term knowledge gain.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks