Options

Got a new job! - Network Analyst

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I've explored the market and posted my CV about, but I've finally settled on the next chapter of my career! I've accepted a Network Analyst role with my current employer that involves a relocation from my current field engineer role into head office as a Network Analyst.

I've passed my CCNA, Net+ and ITIL Foundations certs since August 2006 and have really just been biding my time since I passed CCNA in April for the right move.

I started with my current employer in June 2003 purely as a call logger, moved to 1st line support in Sep 2003, moved to field tech in Feb 2005 (network and desktop field based) and now moving late Sep 2007 into a more project orientated environment working with the back end systems support including Checkpoint Firewall/VPN, Nortel IPT system admin, supplier/partner management.

We have several exciting projects coming up including a review and request for investigation of our Novell (yes we may make the cross to the dark side of MS arrrgggghhh or even Suse Linux), the WAN/LAN and RDBMS infrastructures which I will be involved in the LAN/WAN side of things. One that really catches my attention is the potential switch from Nortel IPT to a Cisco UC infrastructure but there is nothing confirmed as of yet!

I'm really excited about the new role as I'm going to get more exposure to the nitty gritty and to the project management side of things.

Thanks for reading my rant & roll on late September!

malcybood

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That is great news, congratulations.

blargoe
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats

Raul
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Sweet! icon_cool.gif
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    that is really cool man Great Job!!!! icon_thumright.gif Nortel IPT eh?? i'm kinda a bcm guy too
    i herd u leik mudkips lol