Passed

justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got the word that I passed the CISSP. Too busy celebrating at the moment, looks like work has gone out the window for a little bit. I will be back later to post study method and tips. Woohoo!!!

Comments

• justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To prepare for the CISSP exam I followed the traditional (by now) steps to study for the exam. I read the Shon Harris All in One twice, the Mike Myers Passport to the CISSP on the morning and evening commute. I was religious about going to cccure.org for tips and for the exam simulation. There was also a handy web based CISSP review seminar at https://www.vte.cert.org/vteweb/About.aspx. Unfortunately for those who are not in DoD, I think the access may be restricted. If you have any questions about the exam or process to become certified let me know.
  • elgecko69elgecko69 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! :D
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Congrats

And dont forget to change your profile to relect it.
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Congrats!! That is a wonderful accomplishment. Get ready for the good life now!
  • IonCannonIonCannon Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the club!
    Thanks for all of the congrats. Now I am trying to decide what to shoot for next. Right now it looks like the CISM next June, we'll see.
  • HHHTheGameHHHTheGame Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Next June?! Take it in December! The information from the CISSP is fresh in your mind. I took the CISSP a year ago and took the rest of the year off (last year). I passed the CISM this June and studied for about four months prior. ALOT of the information is overlap.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    HHHTheGame wrote:
    Next June?! Take it in December! The information from the CISSP is fresh in your mind. I took the CISSP a year ago and took the rest of the year off (last year). I passed the CISM this June and studied for about four months prior. ALOT of the information is overlap.

That would have been ideal, but I am military and transferring to Bahrain on December 10th, and with all of the work before the move, there is no way I could properly prepare for the December exam. There is a testing site in Bahrain, so that is my only other alternative. I had heard the same thing about the overlaps with the CISSP exam.