Options

Need help with the new CCNA 640-801 exam, anyone?? :P

mitani123mitani123 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I don't have any experience with any sort of routers. I have a book from Cisco Press on 640-801 exam and I also have a routersim 3.1 simulator which I have been working on lately.

All the questions that I do to study for the exam seem to be very practical and hard.

Can someone suggest some technique and help me in someway, please drop a line or so. icon_lol.gif
Anuj Mittal

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Just start reading, and repeat until you become familiar with every sentence in your book. Don't skip anything, concentrate on one topic until you fully understand it. In other words: take it step by step, and take your time. At some point all pieces will fall in place.

Don't tell yourself it is difficult. Convince yourself it is doable.

Don't hesitate to post here if you have any questions. Also, a lot of valuable information and tips are posted by other members in this forum, for anything in specific use the search option.

Good luck!
  • Options
    byondrchbyondrch Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you can subnet like a champ, this will make thigs go much more smothly. after that most of it is memorization.
  • Options
    ary_gdary_gd Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi im going to give the ccna intro exam next week.can u tell me what sort of simulations questions will i probably get.will i get any simulations questions based on switch configurations 2950. icon_sad.gif
    hi, i want to know that what kind of simulations questions do i get in the ccna intro exam?
  • Options
    abrarhamabrarham Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been doing the CNA (Cisco Networking Academy Program) for the last 1½ years on a part time basis. I am currently doing Semester 4.

You just have to keep practising the router simulations and do as many practice questions as you can. Your IP skills i.e. Subnetting, VLSM improve by doing example questions.

Abrarham
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    The hands on is really important... I'm doing Semester 2 and I'm getting bored because it's all too easy for me... Of the 7 tests we've taken so far, I've scored perfectly on 6 of them. The one I didn't score perfect on was me butterfingering a question and clicking a wrong answer when I knew the right one. I completed CCNA1 with a 95.6 average. I had a harder time configuring a front end mailer and mail tosser (yay Intermail and Fastecho!) back in my BBS sysop days. It's amazing how many of the internetworking concepts are *exactly* the same, only the scope really changes.

I'm seriously considering just picking up the Lammle book, spending a month cramming, pass the CCNA and move on to CCNP...
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    icon_evil.gif I'm studying my butt off for CCNA among others. Why should i do that while the smart ass use ****? Simple icon_idea.gif U gain the cert without the knowledge while i gain the knowledge with or without the cert. I'm least worried bout dumpers getting the jobs fast coz they lose em just as first. icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.