Options

On A+

AtomicadamAtomicadam Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey i want to become A+ Certified. Can I just get a book or should i sign up for a course at the community college?

Comments

• Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think that all depends on what you know about computers. I usually think that if you have put one together yourself, then you should just get a book and read up. Otherwise if you have almost no hands on experiance you may just want to take a class.
  • Options
    I've taken an A+ class before and I build computers all the time so I think ill just go with the book route... But i thought that the new test required 500hours of hands on experience..
  • Options
    ScyatticaScyattica Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my A+ about two months ago, and they didn't require such a thing.
  • Options
    Oh ok i must of miss read it. I feel like "teh newb" but thanks for the help guys. A+ here i come!
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Atomicadam wrote:
    Oh ok i must of miss read it. I feel like "teh newb" but thanks for the help guys. A+ here i come!
    Good luck. :)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    oakguy19oakguy19 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alot of voucher sites include practice test software with their voucher for less than the tests are retail. For A+ I found the totaltesters at totalseminars.com to be a very heplful review. Got 745 on hardware, 760 on technician part with only 2 days of studying for each one.

The trouble with learning from experience is that you never graduate.
    Author: Doug Larson