Common or popular backup tools?

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm only familiar with using ntbackup.exe that comes with Windows. I use Norton Ghost for backing up whole partitions or hard drives. Are there any popular backup tools or online services that you use, or know a company uses?

Not sure what to recommend to people these days.

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Veritas Backup Exec....or now known as Symmantec Backup Exec.

Otherwise,
    Acronis has a nice line of products for Windows and Linux as well as Workstations to Servers.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have clients that use Symantec Backup Exec and CA Brighstor ArcServe. I am looking into DoubleTake for DR / off site replication.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    I have always been a fan of Symantec Backup Exec.

I got a co-worker that is technically our storage/backup admin and all he talks about is Ultrabac so I guess that is worth a look too.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting, I'll look into them and see if there are some good ones worth keeping. Thanks for the suggestions.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    EMC Networker looks pretty interesting too
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Backup Exec is probably the most common for Windows Servers
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CA Brighstor ArcServe. I have however been using the backup in SBS lately if the client does not have ArcServe. Myself, I just have a script I run.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007