Options

Cisco 2610 and 2611

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
Hey all

I am just wondering what the main difference between the cisco 2610 and 2611 routers have?

Also, would these be good to pick up for the start of a home lab? They each have 2 ethernet ports and an AUX port. Can I add a serial card to these? I know there are better ones out there but I may have a good deal on these local.

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Hey all

I am just wondering what the main difference between the cisco 2610 and 2611 routers have?

Also, would these be good to pick up for the start of a home lab? They each have 2 ethernet ports and an AUX port. Can I add a serial card to these? I know there are better ones out there but I may have a good deal on these local.

Thanks for any input!

They both max out at 64dram/16flash

2610 has 1 ethernet port onboard, 2611 has 2. Both have 2 wic slots and a standard network module slot. yes they can accommodate 2 wic-1t's.

does this help ? :)
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    hehe yes it does. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    szkizzerszkizzer Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So my 2 cents,

I bought a 2610, and then a a 4 Port Asynchronous/Synchronous Serial Module for pretty cheap. For setting up a Frame Relay in a Home Lab, I really cant see a better way. Oh and I bought bought Ram/Flash to max it out. All for less than 200, and around 200+ Shipping Included.

Now Im getting really greedy and Ive set my eyes on filling the other two Slots with Ethernet Slots, so I can play with real live internet connection at home. LOL. The only bad thing, ive jsut started studying CCNA.

jashan.
    "Never stand begging for something u have the power to earn."