Options

Cisco Press CCNA Portable Command Guide

gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
I got this book and noticed that it talks about Wireless too. Is that topic a requirement for CCNA?
Maybe it changed since I took my classes (May 2006).
A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not that I am aware of.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It will be part of the new Cisco exam, 640-802.

Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN

* Describe standards associated with wireless media (including: IEEE WI-FI Alliance, ITU/FCC)
    * Identify and describe the purpose of the components in a small wireless network. (Including: SSID, BSS, ESS)
    * Identify the basic parameters to configure on a wireless network to ensure that devices connect to the correct access point
    * Compare and contrast wireless security features and capabilities of WPA security (including: open, WEP, WPA-1/2)
    * Identify common issues with implementing wireless networks. (Including: Interface, missconfiguration)
  • Options
    So, it must be the new book then. It says 2nd edition July 2007 on the file.
  • Options
    I just read the front page and it says 640-802. So, I guess I was studying for the new test but I will take the old one.
    It seems that the new one 802 covers almost everything that it is on CCNP.
    Check it here: http://www.jidaw.com/ccna801vs802.html
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow...good info gabriel, that link should answer most persons questions on what the differences are between the two tests, which does seem like alot icon_eek.gif

Barring Techexam.net policy and authenticity of the site/link, maybe it can be included on this site somehow...Johan??
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!