Another person pursuing Security+

fvafva Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I'm yet another person that plans on pursuing the Security+ exam.

My background: 9 plus years working at Help Desks for 2 different companies before finally landing a Security Admin job 2 years ago. I'm slowly starting to move into a more technical position, but will be doing both technical and admin work for the future.

I had purchased the Sybex 2006 Deluxe Edition Security+ book last year, have the ExamCram2 book and EC2 Practice Questions book from a while back, and I think the Wiley Security+ book as well. I had meant to pursue the Security+ exam during the winter of 2006/07 but the management at work (there's 5 CISSP there) wanted everyone to pursue the SSCP exam, so I did that instead. Missed passing the SSCP by a lousy 10 points (grr!) this spring and then took a SANS Instutite mentoring class and just earned the GSEC Security Essentials degree. I saw the post here about the CompTIA Security+ exam will be revised in the future, so I want to focus on this exam now. My time frame hopefully is to take this exam in the next 6 months or so, and then pursue the SSCP after that.

I know everyone here recommends the Tech Notes on this site. Any other thoughts on how to prepare for this exam?

Sincerely,

Frank

Comments