Options

Passed CCNA 640 801 - 974!!!

mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
Well it's done and dusted. :D After 2 years of the academy, months of revising 8 hours a day roughly and sometimes more I've done it. I've got to say I was completely soiling myself this morning. Hardly slept last night through worrying having had a crack at the stupid exam yesterday. All the worrying was for nothing! :D

I got

Planning and Design 91%
Implementation and Operation 100%
Troubleshooting 94%
Technology 100%

The time went quickly and think I had about 8 minutes to spare. Wrote out the subnetting table before I started which helped a lot as I'm not very mathematical... especially under pressure.

Thanks to you boys who've help me so much over the passed 3 months while i've been revising...

netstudent, doklee, networker050184, mikearama and many many more.

This website is superb! :D

CCNP next... maybe!!!
Matt of England

Comments

• Options
    NeonNoodleNeonNoodle Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, sir! Congratulations!
    I recognize the lion by his paw.
    --Jacob Bernoulli
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I TOLD YOU!

I'm happy for you man!

Thats fantastic! :D
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Cheers Netstudent and Neon and thanks for all your help I REALLY appreciate it! It was MUCH easier than I expected but I suppose thats the case when you eat, sleep and drink cisco for the past two years lol! icon_lol.gif The people at the exam center were in stitches when I started jumping up and down punching the air!!! icon_lol.gif
    Matt of England
  • Options
    gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    CONGRATULATIONS WELL DONE. GOOD LUCK ON THE CCNP
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • Options
    With all the work and extra effort you have done, you will fly through CCNP. Not only did you kick the test's arse, but you set a very good foundation for more advanced topics. I think that is more important than an 849.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D CONGRATULATIONS WELL DONE. GOOD LUCK ON THE CCNP :P
  • Options
    was that an echo? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sweet...good score!! Congrats!! We all knew you would do well...

A few pints tonight? drunken_smilie.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Good job man!
    I hope you go on to CCNP!
    You like like a bright guy that could go all the way to CCIE.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It just goes to show you that when you do your part to really learn the material, the exam is not quite as hard as you expected.

If you don't have a genuine understanding of the material, it can be a nightmare!

Enjoy the moment. icon_wink.gificon_thumright.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Very nicely done, Matt... congratulations!

Are there several pints in your near future?

And hey, what's with the "CCNP next, maybe" crap? Take a couple days off, drink your face off, grab your switching text, and let's get going. (Besides, I'm finding all this advanced VTP and STP stuff so dull... could use your company).

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    LOL! Nice one for the posts guys. I'm not the brightest guy in the world (however I'm no forrest gump either) but I think I owe my CCNA to really being genuinely interested in networking with Cisco devices! Came into the Academy 2 years ago with only a little networking background and was surprised how interesting I found the Cisco curriculum! So Mike, I think it's safe to say I'll be seeing you in the CCNP forum before long! :D Anyone working toward your CCNA, know your stuff and develop a genuine interest for it... and you will prevail!

Pints!?!?! icon_lol.gif More than a few boys. Quiet night tonight then tomorrow I'm up at 5am driving to a huge music festival for a long weekend accompanied by a gang of mates, 48 tins of beer and a smile on my face. Cheers lads. Speak soon.

Nice one.

Matt :D
    Matt of England
  • Options
    Anyone heard from Stevo??? He had his today as well I think he said.
    Matt of England
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Congrats on the very much deserved pass and excellent score! Make sure you reward yourself however that may be :D
  • Options
    "sure as **** is brown" Matt will be a staggering maniac this weekend.
  • Options
    steveo1985steveo1985 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed, booked it again for the 12th of september. very gutted icon_sad.gif
    going to revise again and hit the books hard. Only been revising for 2 months, it was a pain today as i was nervous got to the exam at 1.30 for a 2 o'clock start and they didn't start the exam untill 2.45 :S needless to say i was a nervous wreck by then, finished the exam with 30mins to spare.

glad to here you passed with all the hard work you've put into the exam (two years).
  • Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Hey that is so cool. I am happy for you and what a good score!!!
    Congrats.
    Hopefully I will catch up with you guys by the end of August.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • Options
    Hard luck Stevo. You nail it next time. icon_wink.gif

Were you close mate?
    Matt of England
  • Options
    ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
    Hey congratulations, man. I'm happy for you.
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, nice score. Good luck on CCNP and I look forward to seeing you over in those forums.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Keep up the hard work! Congrats and have a safe weekend -
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Hey congrats!!!! Now for some good 'ole celebrating!!!!!@!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    bohra_ajaybohra_ajay Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Matt!!!

U have really nailed it.

one help does the TAB Key work in simlet in Exam?

i m going in on Monday 20th
  • Options
    steveo1985steveo1985 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got a 643, I know what i need to revise. I'm taking time off work before the next exam so i can revise harder instead of 3 hours in the evening.
    Congratulations on your pass, hope you can give me some tips :P
  • Options
    msh1984msh1984 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation man and good luck with CCNP,,,
    hope am next
    CCNP next
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    Congrats!!!!!!
    Arrakis
  • Options
    penguinkingpenguinking Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Though it's pretty sad you didn't reach the 98th percentile.

;)
  • Options
    Quick update...

Having passed my CCNA I was offered an interview within a week working for "technology" company... not directly making use of my CCNA but with a much, much better salary and job prospects. I was offered the job and I'm now working for a company that invests heavily in IT rather than seeing IT as a by-product of business that requires a small amount of money thrown at it every few years!

My new company are funding my new industry certs that I'm going to start working toward this year. Going to take the Microsoft path for the next couple of years now I'm a cisco engineer. Broaden my IT spectrum even further. I think I'm going to take the MCTS route (well that's the route my company want me to take). I know very little about this route so any advice or links to decent websites detailing the various paths through the MCTS and also explaining MCTS would be gratefully accepted.

Good luck to everyone working towards their CCNA... stick with it... you WILL get there and it WILL open doors to you! I'm proof of that! :D
    Matt of England