Failed 70-621 - any books recommended? - Now Passed

dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Just took the 70-621 exam and failed with a 642, the first part of the exam - TS: Config of Vista Client i found fine and that was reflected in the printout, however i struggled with the Pro: Desktop Support Enterprise.

I used the Microsoft Press book 70-620 for the client, but unfortunatly i havent found many resources for the 70-622 Pro part of the exam, does anyone have any tips or books that i could use to boost my score on this part of the exam?

BTW if anyone is planning on sitting this exam, it is split into 2 parts, the TS part first and then the PRO second, i had 32 questions on part 1 and 22 on part two. Also the printout you get at the end isnt very useful if you fail it doesnt give you a break down of the areas like other MCP exams.

Any help or advice from people that have passed would be appricated as i will resit the exam next week

UPDATE- Now Passed this exam :)

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unfortunatley there is not much out there for training material yet. If you wait for 3 weeks the MS Press book for 70-622 will be out and that should help with the exam.
    dave_ne1 wrote:
    BTW if anyone is planning on sitting this exam, it is split into 2 parts, the TS part first and then the PRO second, i had 32 questions on part 1 and 22 on part two.

I am taking this exam tommorrow morning and did not know it was split up like that. I wonder if my exam will be different since I already passed 70-620 but I doubt it.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • welshguy2007welshguy2007 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i passed skin of my teeth and used the 70-620 book so i would say battle on and try again in 14 days you was not far out go through the 70-620 again you will be ok next time..

i agree i passed and the same no break down i had 700 how close was that lol

also it is in two parts that threw me.
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Out of interest, in the second part of this exam (the 622 related part) what was the main focus? Purely creating and deploying wim images?
    ~Thiassi
  • dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thiassi wrote:
    Out of interest, in the second part of this exam (the 622 related part) what was the main focus? Purely creating and deploying wim images?

The Main part of the focus in the 622 realted part of the exam i took, seemed to be on Bitlocker and a number questions of Vista in a domain situation, e.g. adding it to a domain, troubleshooting domain problems etc. From memory only one question was on WIM images.
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    as its split, is it possible to get the mcts part passed and get a cert or only if you pass the whole thing?
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
    as its split, is it possible to get the mcts part passed and get a cert or only if you pass the whole thing?

You have to pass both parts of the exam to get the MCTS & MCITP certification, if you want just the MCTS cert, you need to pass the 70-620 exam and for just the MCITP cert you need to pass the 70-622 exam to get the certifications seperatly
  • alharlandalharland Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You have to pass both parts of the exam to get the MCTS & MCITP certification, if you want just the MCTS cert, you need to pass the 70-620 exam and for just the MCITP cert you need to pass the 70-622 exam to get the certifications seperatly

To earn MCTS you need to pass 620.
    To earn MCITP you need to pass 622 and 620. This will also earn you MCTS.
    alharland wrote:

According to the MS Learning Site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-622.mspx
    to earn the MCITP you need to pass JUST 622

from the MS 70-622 exam site "When you pass Exam 70-622 Pro: Microsoft Desktop Support - ENTERPRISE, you complete the requirements for the following certification:

• Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician

"

So in summary Passing the 70-620 exam gets you MCTS, 621 gets you both MCTS & MCITP and 622 gets you MCITP
    Just to let you know i retook the 621 exam today and passed with an 864. I re-read the MS Press 620 book and had a go at a few Measure Up practice exams for the 621/622 exams which bought up my knowledge to the required level :D
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Congrats mate. :)
    ~Thiassi
  • szkizzerszkizzer Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dave_ne1 wrote:
    alharland wrote:

According to the MS Learning Site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-622.mspx
    to earn the MCITP you need to pass JUST 622

from the MS 70-622 exam site "When you pass Exam 70-622 Pro: Microsoft Desktop Support - ENTERPRISE, you complete the requirements for the following certification:

• Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician

"

So in summary Passing the 70-620 exam gets you MCTS, 621 gets you both MCTS & MCITP and 622 gets you MCITP

Actually, I think you many be wrong here. Goto
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/entsupport/default.mspx

and you will see that it says Required exams (one exam plus MCTS prerequisite)

The required exam being - 70-622 - MCITP and the pre-requisite being the 70-620 (MCTS Vista)

Hence 70-620 + 70-622 = MCITP & MCTS Certified
    "Never stand begging for something u have the power to earn."
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that is what i originally read about it to. i have been watching and i swear MS has changed it a couple of times, or at least they made a mistake one time. But what is on the site now, is what was originally on the site. I too, think you need both to be mcitp.