Options

System Admin post vs Sr Helpdesk Post

jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
Hi, Its been long time since I login here. I have a query to all. I have a job now as a Systems Admin, Contractual for 6 months then comes an offer as a Sr. Helpdesk Assistant, but that is just a title, the job really is systems and server support wordwide. Higher salary plus regularization. Actually, the job is almost the same, the title is the only difference there...what do you think guys...

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Personally, if the job is better and the responsibilities are the same, I would go with the "Sr. Helpdesk" one. Just don't call it a helpdesk job on your resume when it's time to move on.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Go where the money is, and the environment that you want to learn. Don't let a title hold you back.

I could care less if my job title was computer janitor as long as my salary was good and the job was fun.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with the others, job titles generally don't me anything. If the job is the same (or better) than the one you have, and if there is more pay, job security etc... then I would go for it.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    thanks guys, you really are great. I really can't decide before but now, I think I can move on to my next career. Actually they already give me my job offer and it really is rewarding since it is an international organization. After all, the bottomline of all of this is at least the job functions are almost the same and the pay is much bigger and secured job option...thanks guys...
  • Options
    I already accepted the offer, so this is a new career for me.....I just resigned this day on my current company...so wish me luck guys...