Options

Volume licensing question

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
What are the benefits of volume licensing? Without activation requirements what keeps these from being leaked all over the place. Are businesses billed per install? Does it have a lifespan? or is it good for as many times as needed?

Thanks in advance!
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Only info i could give you is yes your right, you can install as many times as you like, until that is MS get wind of it and maybe they will, maybe they wont

Also you only have to tell them of any extra clients you have when it comes to renew, example you have a volume license agreement for 300 clients, half way through the year you purchase 50 clients, you can install windows on the new 50 clients, only when it comes to renewal do you pay for the extra 50

Volume license codes are like rocking horse **** so keep the code very safe

Lee H[/quote]
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, Lee. I just had a hard time believing that Microsoft would leave a hole that big for abuse. Oh. Wait. Microsoft leave holes open? Naw...couldn't be.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It all depends on what it is and how it is utilised. Any sniff of a rort and MS licensing is all over you. If you are a contractor they not only audit your client in point, but any others that are using volume licensing. They are also not slow at revoking the ability to obtain volume licenses and making those compromised non functional.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Thanks Russ, I knew they had to do something. I was just suprised I was not able to find out what.