Options

Security+ or 70-292 for 2003 MSCA upgrade

tech671tech671 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I just passed my 70-284 exam. I am comtemplating which exam I should take first. I know 70-292 is about to expire and I am just thinking in terms of time and difficulty to prepare between the two. I also just started college again this week and the same time working full time as a Net Admin. I would like to accomplish both this year. But I would like to know which is easier between them and take the easiest first or shortest. Please shine some light on me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Those are my next two exams. I picked 292 because of the expiration and the cost of the Sec+ exam.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    no personal experience but I've heard the upgrade exam is a real pain in the butt and covers alot

but if it is time sensitive you might need to do it first
  • Options
    tech671tech671 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was thinking of diversifying my certs by working on Sec+ first. Do you all agree with 70-292 being a more beast compare Sec+ due the upgrade covers wider topic? Just thinking out loud, If I can work on Sec+ in less than 2 months I think I can do the upgrade by the end of this year. But it will be too crazy for me I will have to work twice as hard, plus I will be in the border line of this expiring upgrade. I'll just work on my upgrade first then. Just curious, has anyone of you passed Sec+ in one month?
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I did it in about 5 weeks or so. It was a little intense at times but I scored well, 847. I took the comptia route because the test covers a lot of material, but does not go very deep. I would say with your certs and job history you could do it. The only gotcha is the high passing score, not as many freebies as other tests.

-C
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.