70-291 EXAM UPDATE?

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
This was mentioned earlier by another member on the board:
By the way the rumor goes that per
1 september the 291 exam format is gonna change don't know if its true, it goes for CCNA for sure. For me i book the exam for 1 sept just in case.

I figured it was thread-worthy and wanted to know if anyone else heard anything about this.

cheers
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• Yisrael48Yisrael48 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well Microsoft turned to 1 testcentre Prometric Vue is out, there are a lot of
    changes comming for me i am booking 291 next week thats earlyer than i wanted
    but i think i did enough study.
    It's the thought that counts
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    I was also curious about this comment/post -- thanks for bringing it to a new thread.

I have not heard/read anything about direct changes to the exam -- aside from the testing center move from Vue to Prometric (as Yisrael48 mentioned)

Can anyone confirm/deny changes??
  • Yisrael48Yisrael48 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well Microsoft is in the process of changing there exams, as with the titles no more MCSE in the future as for how the exam is going to be presented. Personally i think they are going the cisco way. They want a CCIE style of certification, MCSE has become a medior standard i mean
    employers ask for MCSE just for an administering function these days not for designing corporate infrastructure designers. So how will it be in the future a 2 days exam a'la CCIE
    that would be fun. Pass rate first try 20 percent and a pass rate second attempt 50 percent in
    2000 there where around 4500 CCIE worldwide.

CCIE = ????
    CCNP = MCSE
    CCNA = MCSA

Well we've a break here well be right back after these messeages.........
    It's the thought that counts
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have sent an e-mail to Microsoft Learning team for the answer to this rumor... details to follow once I get a reply.
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    This was mentioned earlier by another member on the board:
    By the way the rumor goes that per
    1 september the 291 exam format is gonna change don't know if its true, it goes for CCNA for sure. For me i book the exam for 1 sept just in case.

I figured it was thread-worthy and wanted to know if anyone else heard anything about this.

cheers

I could be wrong but I doubt Microsoft is going to do any major changes to 70-291 other than maybe add/remove some test questions if that. It seems to me that MS is more focused on there new generation of certifications to do anything to the MCSA/MCSE. I never said I agree with that but that is just how it seems IMHO anyway.
    Yisrael48 wrote:
    CCIE = ????
    CCNP = MCSE
    CCNA = MCSA

MCA
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
    Click this link to register for the 2nd Chance to take exam for free if needed.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx

Also as follow, I have recieved reply on if there are any changes for the 291:

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 10:54 AM
    To: Trika Harms zum Spreckel
    Subject: 291 Exam

Trika,

First off thank you so much for assist me with my questions about the 2nd Shot exams.

I have another question… There have been a couple of people in the last couple of days tell me that as of September 1st that the 291 exam format has changed, is that true?
    Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 12:54 PM
    Subject: 291 Exam

Hi, no change to 291. not true.

PS MCP site will be live today w/2nd shot info (we were holding for Monday). And is on my blog now…

T

So there you have it... that is from Microsoft Learning... check her blog.
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Thanks for emailing to find out that confirmed answer and posting the reply :)

Good luck with the studies icon_cool.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    okay good! MY study materials are still dated!

Big thank you to wpiersall for going the extra mile on that one! icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Hey no problem!!! I was good for me to know as well... because that is the same exam that I'm working on and I don't want to be caught of guard if there has been any changes.