dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
Nah just kidding, scored a 987 on it.

It's a bave new world for all you CCNA canidates icon_eek.gif
The only easy day was yesterday!

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif

Well I don't know what to say Derek. I guess I'm happy for you, but it's not like it is any kind of surprise. So is it that much harder than the old exams?

I bet some people are **** their pants until they actually read the thread. icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    dtlokee wrote:
    Nah just kidding, scored a 987 on it.

It's a bave new world for all you CCNA canidates icon_eek.gif

...Crap

But seriously. I dont know if I should Haul A and take the old CCNA or just go for the new.

I would almost rather wait so that I can get the latest and greatest...
    I guess though that since I have the current training/Hardware Ill just get the old one.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Netstudent wrote:
    icon_lol.gif

Well I don't know what to say Derek. I guess I'm happy for you, but it's not like it is any kind of surprise. So is it that much harder than the old exams?

I bet some people are **** their pants until they actually read the thread. icon_lol.gif

C'mon Derek....don't do that sh*t to people... icon_eek.gif

If you saw the look on my face when I saw who the author was... icon_eek.gif

I was thinking well, if he failed...i'm up the creek!!

Anyways, after the mini heart attack...congrats mate!! But like Netstudent said, it no surprise...you're like the grand daddy ccna in the forum!! :D
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    I wanted to see what was on it, it wasn't really that bad, but there were 2 sims and 2 simlets so time management could be an issue. Saw some question on the new topics like Wireless, DHCP and more emphsis on security (Time based access-lists, reflexive acls, and so on).

There were a few questions that were from the 801 exam.

52 questions, 825 pass mark.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    its funny, because I dont usually browse the Cisco forums. However, from my experience here, I know who dtlokee is. And when I saw him with a thread saying he failed a CCNA exam, my eyes got wide. I must say, that title was an attention grabber icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats err or not... hehe... Is it all stuff that is later covered on the CCNP? Is it worth getting the new CCNA book just to have this material down?
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is the minimum score for someone how is trying to be a certified cisco trainer?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    bearfanbearfan Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Derek-

Congrads on the pass...

I wondered who would be the first person to take one of the new tests!!

I take 640-811 on Sept 10th.
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    I must also say as well being new to the forum I still could tell that dtlokee was the man/woman of Cisco based on reply's to questions and extensive Cisco background.

When I read that title as well I was like oh crap that man/woman is the master of Cisco how did they fail... Good thing I just passed my CCNA and don't have to go through that :)

But after reading the rest of the post I guess it does not seem all that bad. I'd rather not have to find out for myself though. Grats on the pass by the way although taking the test for you was probably more for kicks than for anything else.
  • Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    You almost got me. But it was a good one.
    Congrats!!!
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Derek!!! I thought that this would be more appropriate for April fools!

Anyway, I guess Cisco is really raising the bar on the knowledge level on the new exams. This was also true with the new CCDA exam.

Pretty soon CCNA will be almost like CCNP! Well...maybe not icon_wink.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!!! How does it feel to finaly be Cisco certified icon_lol.gif ????
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    huge congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    When I have seen the author of this thread I have rubbed a moment my eyes, then I have said: ma vaaaaaaaaa!! icon_lol.gif
    Then finally congrats on the pass dt, at least now You know that You have to retake this exam within 3 years! :)
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Options
    Now I need to take the 640-822 so I can get my CCENT drunken_smilie.gif

All in all I was disapointed by the lack of new material, I guess they will work them in over time.

BTW if you plan to take this exam, make sure you know your specfic show commands, "show run" may not be available icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    congratulations mate... :D

Can't wait to hit this exam in the coming months!!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congratulations

what is your advice on taking the exam new or old (640-801 v 640-802)
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4
  • Options
    If you're currently studying for the old exam I would try it atleast once. I didn't see that many question on the "new" objectives to say that it is going to be that much more difficult. I would see time management as being a bigger issue with the number of sims.

Also some of the question had more correct answers than you were allowed choices...

Guess they need to do some debugging.
  • Options
    geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    dtlokee wrote:
    ... I would see time management as being a bigger issue with the number of sims.

Also some of the question had more correct answers than you were allowed choices...

Guess they need to do some debugging.

Suppose 'terminal monitor' needs to be on then? icon_wink.gif Suppose they don't want you getting 100% though.

I am due to take my CCNA (640-801) which I haven't done for a few years but this 'simlet/sim' type of question is new to me. Does it really take a lot of time and do you have to get 100% for each 'sim' question or do you get marks for every part of it you get right?

Also, something I don't know for sure, but are abbreviated commands allowed or the full syntax required, e.g. show eigrp neighbors or neighbor? TIA

Congratulations btw.... :)
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!