Options

The "I've booked my exam thread"

JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
Whoohoo, Thursday 20th September. Figured that'd give me a day to sulk and a weekend to revise for a second attempt the next week.

Have to say, after doing some practice questions yesterday I'm now more than a little worried about the exam.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck on the exam!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    wait2dominatewait2dominate Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!

I'm looking at next wednesday(8/29) myself
    Brake lights are a sign your car doesn't handle well enough.

CCNP or MCSE is next to come.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck! Don't worry if you prepared well you will do fine. Try not to be nervous!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    thanks - quite looking forward to it. no doubt i'll be asking loads of questions over the next four weeks.
    Good luck! Don't worry if you prepared well you will do fine. Try not to be nervous!

That's why I'm worried - poor preparation! Still, 1 month to rectify that.
  • Options
    SanKuKaïSanKuKaï Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Time my friend, time!! That's the point.
  • Options
    had to delay my exam. two weeks today i'll have hopefully passed!

no where near as prepared as i wanted to be - but hopefully it'll come together over the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    48 hours and one good nights sleep to go. i feel like a condemned man icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    48 hours and one good nights sleep to go. i feel like a condemned man icon_eek.gif

Same here,
    Except mine is tomorrow at 10pst.
    :D
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    good luck. can't do them at the weekend here. still, best to use company time i reckon for certs icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to both you guys!
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

good luck. can't do them at the weekend here. still, best to use company time i reckon for certs icon_smile.gif
    ... Ya, tried that. they docked me PTO. LAME!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck to both of you! icon_thumright.gif

Not to put anymore pressure on you guys, but I'm expecting a couple of new "Passed!!!" threads to help inspire some of the new guys! :D
    48 hours
    48 hours out and already feeling that way..... consider skipping eating on test day, or scope out trash can locations at the test center. If you do eat, make it something light (so we can avoid a "colorful" exam story). icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    Not to put anymore pressure on you guys, but I'm expecting a couple of new "Passed!!!" threads to help inspire some of the new guys! :D

Oh Eff... lol
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i just rebooked mine for this coming monday, i failed my first attempt a week and a half ago. I've read the cisco press books and the CCNA Exam Cram since then, and I've gotten my home lab up and working, although I need some 2950s. I have boson netsim so that helps.

Good luck everyone!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Bill KasterBill Kaster Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking mine this Sunday and i WILL pass!!! Wish me luck!
    Starting my CCNA journey!
  • Options
    If it's this busy a month out from the 640-801 exam deadline, I've got to wonder how crazy it will get the closer we get to November 6th. icon_lol.gif

Good Luck Everyone! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I'm throwing in the hat ICND on the 27th
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    48 hours
    48 hours out and already feeling that way..... consider skipping eating on test day, or scope out trash can locations at the test center. If you do eat, make it something light (so we can avoid a "colorful" exam story). icon_lol.gif

haha, not feeling too strung out now. just relaxed all weekend and watched the rugby instead of revising like a loon. resigned to my fate now. still, if i don't pass then i'll have another crack at in 2-3 weeks. bit annoyed really, in fact very annoyed - wanted to go in and completely destroy the exam. but not had enough time to study. so the best i can hope for is scraping a pass. at least i can fill in the gaps with CCNP study. i think i've got a much better idea of how to go about learning and studying cisco stuff now. it's been quite a learning experience in that respect.
  • Options
    dbfielddbfield Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I signed up for the 19th. I am sure it will get pretty hectic as the deadline gets closer
  • Options
    dbfield wrote:
    I signed up for the 19th. I am sure it will get pretty hectic as the deadline gets closer

good luck. yes i think it'll get busier. but test centres must be ready for a rush i'm sure. the test centre isn't doing Cisco tests anymore. so if i have to retake it i'll need to travel further afield. bit of a pain really. especially if i'm trying to do it without taking a day off.

good think is they offer CCNA 9-5 5 days a week.
  • Options
    here it goes. this is going to have to be an england style performance against all the odds.
  • Options
    Well, it wasn't pretty and the questions showed there is some gaping holes in my knowledge, but i passed! icon_lol.gif certainly not the convincing nailing of the exam i wanted when i initially started studying in January.

Unbelievable - don't want Johan to get too excited with the censor button - but i thought i'd ruined my chances right from the start. By the end i had my head in my hands just taping through the last few questions absolutely convinced i'd failed. Then was reading through the small print at the end thinking the "next" button would take me to my score but as i read upwards (dyslexic see, i start at the bottom of the page!) i saw "congratulations" and in small letters underneath "you've passed".

huzzar!

will fill in those knowledge gaps with a bit more study .... sometime!

thanks for the help from the site. nice to have a bit of CCNA companionship.

good luck to all those trying to beat the nov 6th deadline.
  • Options
    i have mine today at 4pm, wish me luck, this is try 2
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Nov 5th..... hehehe

I will PASS!!!!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    good luck guys. kill the exam!
  • Options
    thanks!!
  • Options
    i passed!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    i passed!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

cheers mike. i'll be picking your brains over on some other forum soon :D